Coordinate the admission/transfer/discharge of patients in accordance with federal, state and local regulations, established procedural guidelines and as directed by your supervisor.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Participate in the pre-admission and admission process as well as arranging for transfer of patients to other centers should the need arise.
- Obtain pertinent information from patients and/or family members, referral sources, and appropriate social agencies and verify financial information prior to admission. Completes admission paperwork with family and patient.
- Verify that the patient room, etc. is ready prior to admission.
- Sustain contact and provide support to patient/families to include help in dealing with the family’s feelings and financial responsibilities.
- Daily visits to new admissions to provide a smooth admission transition.
- Orient the patient to the center environment.
- Send follow-up thank you notes to families within one week of admission.
- Meet frequently with other social workers and discharge planners within the community.
- Maintain up-to-date information about agencies to which referrals may be made.
- Maintain active waiting list file.
- Communicate admission information to other departments.
- Complete understanding of admission packet and ability to explain to family/patient
- Knowledge of long-term care admission requirements
- Knowledge of advanced directives.
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, Private Pay and Third Party reimbursement.
A minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
On-the-job training provided in admission guidelines. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
None ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Customer service oriented. Should possess good marketing and communication skills
Computer skills preferred.Job:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Aug 30, 2019, 10:19:29 PM