TITLE: Associate Engineering Operations Program Manager
LOCATION: Bellevue, WA, USA
TerraPower is a nuclear technology company based in Bellevue, Washington. At its core, the company is working to raise living standards globally through a more affordable, secure and environmentally friendly form of nuclear energy along with innovations in medical isotopes to improve human health. In 2006, TerraPower originated with Bill Gates and a group of like-minded visionaries who evaluated the fundamental challenges to raising living standards around the world. They recognized energy access was crucial to the health and economic well-being of communities and decided that the private sector needed to take action and create energy sources that would advance global energy deployment. TerraPower’s mission is to be a world leader in new nuclear technologies, while developing innovators and future leaders in the nuclear field. As a result, the company’s activities in the fields of nuclear energy and related sciences are yielding significant innovations in the safety and economics of nuclear power, hybrid energy and medical applications – all for significant human health benefits.
TerraPower is seeking to hire highly motivated and forward-thinking professionals who are interested in focusing on advanced nuclear reactor research and development and influencing change within the nuclear power landscape and bringing forward the critical production of medical isotopes. TerraPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, TerraPower has instituted an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) in an effort to proactively recruit, hire, and promote women, minorities, disabled persons and veterans.
Engineering Operations Analyst
The Engineering Operations Analyst is a full-time exempt position that supports the Engineering Programs, Engineering, and Project Controls teams. The position will lead the management, maintenance, improvements, and development of our collaborative working spaces in Confluence and JIRA. The Engineering Operations Analyst will support the Engineering department in creating, issuing, conducting, and performing post processing on activities such as surveys and performance metrics for the organization. This position will report to the Engineering Programs Manager.
- Perform the role of Confluence and Jira custodian, to include creating Confluence and Jira workflows and requirements, page set-up, configuration control, etc.
- Develop and maintain relevant process documents (e.g., guides) relating to Confluence and Jira processes and expectations for engineering and project teams.
- Develop and issue Engineering, Project Management, and Manager surveys for the organizations. Perform post processing on data obtained in surveys for consumption by management teams.
- Maintain continuity of corporate directories and organizational charts within confluence and other information systems (P6, MS Project) requiring coordination with support organizations such as Finance and HR.
- Support and improve processes for capturing data for Organizational metrics, as well as processing metric data and communication with the management team.
- Support IT as required for database development and data management.
- Perform assessments on system administered to validate the applications and tools are secure and being maintained appropriately.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- BS, BA in applicable field (e.g., math, science, engineering, or business administration) with 5 years’ experience in an Engineering work environment. AA degree with 7 years’ experience in an Engineering work environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Confluence and JIRA. Experience working with Corrective Action Programs is a plus.
- Experience working in an R&D environment is a plus.
- Experience working with Government Organizations such as Department of Energy and/or the Nuclear Regulatory Commission is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of electronic document and metadata management, experience in the use of databases is a plus.
- Experience developing web pages is desired.
- Strong customer service and training skills and a desire to achieve results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional attention in detail.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Skilled in setting priorities.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
TerraPower’s technology is controlled for export by various agencies of the U.S. Government. TerraPower must evaluate applicants who are foreign nationals (other than asylees, refugees, or lawful permanent residents) in accordance with U.S. Government export control requirements. To facilitate TerraPower’s export control reviews, you will be asked as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or national, asylee, refugee, or lawful permanent resident of the United States. Government export authorization approval times vary. Based on the business needs for a particular position, TerraPower may not consider a foreign national from a country if it is impracticable to obtain timely Government export approval.
Please visit [ Link removed ] to apply
- Time Management
- Information Systems
- Complex Problem Solving