To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cresaptown, MD 21502
- Jennifer Wheeler
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Substance Abuse Counselor
Cumberland Comprehensive Treatment Center • Cresaptown, MD
Posted 2 months ago
We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor 1 for our Cumberland Comprehensive Treatment Center facility. Hours are Monday - Friday 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM and occasional Saturdays 5:30 AM - 10:30 AM.
Cumberland CTC, a member of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. With full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we are prepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
The Counselor I is a counseling professional who provides treatment and support to assist patients receiving care in their recovery from addictions, such as alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders, or other behavioral problems; assists with modifying problem behaviors; may also provide counseling services to families of patients receiving care through an outpatient setting.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conducts group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepares individual treatment plans for each assigned patient;
- Ensures all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents is completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provides crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluates patient's needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS graduate or equivalent required; prefer bachelor's degree in social or health services field from an accredited college or university
- No previous experience in field required. Experience in counseling field instruction/internship or similar practicum through education or certification process
- MD Trainee Status or CSC-AD, CAC-AD, or LGPC
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance.