We are hiring for a VP of Global Strategy & Business Development with a specific focus on Flexible Packaging. In this role you will be responsible for the strategy and growth of the Packaging Segment of FNAC-GSD’s business with a focus on the flexible packaging market. Accountable for developing and executing strategic sales and marketing plans based on company goals that will promote sales and growth for the organization including developing new segments and applications and implementing new ideas and tools. Provide direction to senior sales and marketing leadership in executing strategy across the Americas. Support sales efforts within Strategic Large Multi-Location Flexible Packaging Accounts as requested by Sales Leadership. This position will work closely with FFGS in Tokyo to identify gaps in our portfolio and work with the global team to bring new products to market.
The Graphic Systems Division of FUJIFILM North America Corporation is the largest provider of graphic arts products in the US, delivering solutions for commercial printing, wide format, digital printing, prepress color and workflow, and more. FUJIFILM is forming a packaging sales team to supply unique solutions to the packaging industry including flexo plates, flexo inks, Illumina LED curing systems, processors, prepress workflow, flexo CTP system and more. FUJIFILM has a great track record of entering and quickly growing new segments, this is a ground-floor opportunity for the right candidate to join an elite team.
Some of the responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Owns the Strategy Development Process
- Define current market place, trend and dynamics
- Forecast the nature of future market opportunities based on market trends and dynamics
- Identify the issues in the target marketplace and the resulting trends
- Document What are the drivers of change, how fast are they occurring, how broadly
- Research how customer needs are changing in response to their clients requirements
- Deliver competitive analysis by category: SWOT
- List factors necessary for success: Key Priorities
- Develop tactic (step-by-step plan) to accomplish each Key Priority
- Develop internal and external marketing communications plan to implement the Flexible Packaging Strategy.
- Serve as a strategic resource for the business, working very closely with Sales & Marketing leadership and Finance to surface revenue opportunities, translate those opportunities into action, and partner together to hit aggressive revenue and growth goals
- Participate with management in determining the organization’s structure and staffing
- Seek out and source new clients by developing networks and independently identifying and developing relevant resources for sales and business development.
- Provide market feedback to company leadership
- Work collaboratively with the VP of Marketing to develop creative outreach strategies
- Participate in budget planning and allocation of resources
- Identify, prioritize and resource both short and long-term opportunities.
- Seek and identify opportunities for additional, expanded and new business and assists management in the evaluation, pursuit and capture of new opportunities
- Identify and screen potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; aligning with internal priorities
- Use and maintain accurate sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends
- Other duties as assigned
- As a FTYO member Actively involve himself/herself in product development process and contribute in terms of 1) understand customer’s need and reflect to product specification, 2) gain appropriate beta site or reference customer when launching the new product and help accelerating the sales, and 3) understand converter’s KPI / cost structure and suggest its improvement with utilizing Fujifilm product, starting with Flexo followed by Digital.
- Participate in regular conference call with FTYO product development team.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years progressive sales experience
- In-depth Graphic Arts industry experience and a true passion for the industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with packaging or flexible packaging
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience leading and growing sales teams during times of change
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth and excellence
- Demonstrated experience working with senior level decision makers
- Strong finance and business acumen; ability to think strategically
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
- Ability to deliver results in an environment requiring influence and leadership of teams and resources that do not directly report to the individual
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well cross-functionally and cross-culturally in a fast-paced company and influence a broad range of internal and external audiences
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and risk management skills (i.e., must be able to analyze unique customer environment and recommend appropriate information availability solutions and ROI)
- Proficiency in Windows based applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point)
- Superior presentation skills
- Up-to-date with latest trends and best practices
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM
- Ability to travel ~40% - domestic and international
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Customer Relationship Management