This position provides integrated, quality service to customers in the areas of price quotations, material applications, product literature, product quality, lead qualification, accounts receivable coordination, and availability to ensure efficient execution of the order fulfillment process.
•Develops business partnership with customers based on trust and aligned with SGL strategic sales and profit objectives.
•Coordinates communication, quality issues, samples, customer service issues between customers, Senior Sales Manager Technical Sales, Product Manager, Production, and Director Technical Sales.
•Develops and communicates timely price quotations utilizing internal list price tools and aligned with established pricing policies. Proactively call smaller customers to solicit potential sales orders.
•Provides marketing / sales support by collecting, analyzing and communicating pertinent customer, competitive information, and market trend information.
•Proactively analyzes customer needs in area of order entry, delivery, and overall customer service.
•Supports Marketing by providing sales data, margin analysis, and materials utilization data to aid in the implementation of new pricing strategies for key accounts.
•Initiate and process customer complaints and credits.
•Coordinate account receivable activity with Director Technical Sales, Senior Manager Technical Sales, Field Sales, and NA Corporate Accounts Receivable personnel.
•Proficient written and verbal communication skills with all levels of organizations
•Ability to work with inside and outside sales from Europe and Asia sales organizations.
•Ability to work without close supervision and to make independent sound decisions to meet deadlines. while supporting the business strategies.
•Analytical and problem-solving skills.
•Good verbal presentation skills before customers and internal meetings.
•Good organizational and time management skills.
• Bachelor’s degree, business or technical discipline preferred.
• Proficient PC skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Knowledge of integrated business systems, SAP preferred.
• 2-5 years related experience (i.e. inside sales/customer service/outside sales, preferably in a manufacturing environment).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear.
• The employee may occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stand, stoop and kneel.
• The employee is required to walk to production floor daily
• The employee is required on occasion to lift up to 25 pounds.
• This position requires close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus, depth perception and color vision.
SGL Technic, LLC
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position works in an office environment with a moderate level of noise.
• This position is required to work for short times on production floor – exposure to fumes and air-born particles
• This position may occasionally require travel (less than 5% of the time).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Operate Cash Register
Identify Customer Need
Resolve Customer Issue