We have an opening for an Accounts Payable Clerk for our Boston area client. The Accounts Payable Clerk will ensure that invoices are processed and paid according to company policy and that any problems or questions relating to accounts payable are resolved or answered.
Job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review invoices for accuracy
- Obtain necessary approvals prior to payment
- Review GL coding of invoices to ensure expenses are coded in accordance with GAAP
- Process employee expense reimbursements
- Create new employee profiles as needed
- Process non inventory invoices
- Upload new vendor details and vendor mappings
- Upload any hard copy invoices received
- Assign /review/approve invoices for payment
- Run report and sent to Controller/CFO for approval on payables
- Run accrual report for all outstanding invoices not approve for payment (month end procedure)
- Process, reconcile, and review expense reports
- Set up auto-payments
- Process payables using multiple payment methods
- Reconcile corporate credit cards
- Prepare monthly report for controller for sales tax accruals
- Run weekly AP aging/cash flow report to forecast payables by week
- Data entry tasks, including entering & posting in the General Ledger
- Other accounting tasks as assigned by accounting management
- Bachelor Degree required
- 1+ years of experience in an accounting environment
- Experience with Excel
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English with tact and diplomacy
- Reliability, dependability and strong motivation to respond to request quickly
- Must be independent, patient, analytical, and a problem solver
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 355462
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Accounting Now and SNI Financial, divisions of SNI Companies, are premier providers of staffing and recruitment services specializing in finance, accounting and banking. Our financial staffing solutions include:
- Contract/temporary assignments
- Contract-to-full-time hire assignments
- Full-time placement
Founded in 1998 by former Robert Half executive Ron Smith, SNI’s commitment to professionalism is unparalleled. Our personalized service, responsiveness and precision in matching qualified candidates with rewarding job opportunities distinguish us from competitors. Through our sister division, Staffing Now, we are also able to offer a full range of recruitment services for clerical and administrative positions. With revenues in excess of $100 million, our firm ranks among the top 100 U.S. staffing companies and was recently named one of the fastest growing private staffing companies in the country by Staffing Industry Analysts. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, SNI Companies has over 40 offices in the Midwest, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast to best serve our job seekers and clients.
View the full profile