About Us: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our clients as well as traditional plan and spec projects. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P. (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform nearly $840 million of construction projects per year with over 2,600 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to work on the Shambaugh team. As we continue to build on our more than 90 year Shambaugh success story, we are looking to complement our existing experienced project management staff with motivated and talented individuals who are interested in expanding their project management knowledge and gaining valuable work experience.
At Shambaugh we recognize people as our most important resource, and it is our mission to produce the industry’s highest level of quality services, safety and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Title: Fire Extinguisher Technician
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the inspection, testing, servicing, and/or the installation of portable fire extinguishers suppression systems, or other applicable fire safety equipment and systems in accordance with applicable fire codes.
- Experience working as a fire extinguisher technician.
- Familiar with NFPA codes and standards.
- Solicit new business for fire extinguisher and restaurant fire suppression inspections.
- Conduct inspections for established customers in a timely manner while maintaining high standard of quality work.
- Perform work in an efficient and organized matter.
- Maintain accurate and precise documentation daily.
- Be a self-motivator with little direct supervision required.
- Display professional appearance.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Professional communication with customers and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Motivated to achieve a high standard of productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, IOS and database (software) programs
- Have a working knowledge of test equipment including multi-meters, digital analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices
- Must have the ability to lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Most work is performed indoors; some site work conditions are similar to typical construction projects
- Ability to work a full time schedule
- Overtime may be required for this position with short notice
- Available for travel, which may include nights and weekends to accommodate customer’s schedule
Visit us at URL blocked - click to apply to learn \u0022What we do and How we do it.\u0022
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Portable Appliance Testing