Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions.
It's more than a job; it's a career.
General Description of Duties:
Ensure all terminal operations work is performed according to approved company procedures, standards, and specification. Supervise all activities of terminal workers, and support personnel engaged in loading and unloading activities.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Plan, supervise, and control available resources associated with the timely, damage-free, and safe loading/unloading of freight on assigned shifts
* Maintain appropriate load plans, and ensure proper load balance for safe vehicle operation
* Assign job tasks to workers according to unloading and loading schedules
* Coordinate work assignments, and monitor performances
* Provide training, performance feedback, and disciplinary recommendations, as needed
* Provide a clean, safe working environment for all personnel and visiting customers
* Foster safe handling, loading, unloading, and storage of hazardous materials
* Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals
* Other duties, as assigned
* Bachelor's degree, preferred
* High School Diploma, GED equivalent, required
* Terminal, transportation, and/or other related experience, preferred
* Supervisory experience, preferred
* General knowledge of freight, imports, exports, and proper freight handling techniques
* Basic PC skills, including Microsoft Office
* Ability to perform physical labor (bending, heavy lifting, etc.)
* Must be detail oriented and enjoy a fast paced, multi-tasking, customer service minded environment
* Must have excellent verbal and written communications and organizational skills
* Must display sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure, with attention to detail
* Competitive Wages
* Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
* Opportunity to participate in a company sponsored 401K
* Vacation eligibility during the first year!
Questions about this position? Email us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Operations Supervisor
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Operations Supervisor
or call us at
. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.
Attention To Detail