It is vital to be very attentive to detail and assertive upon completing the day-to-day tasks in a safe & efficient manner. The duties of theWarehouse Laborers are listed below, but are not limited or restricted by those listed. The Warehouse Labor will follow instruction and direction to perform other related tasks as required & deemed necessary to the overall efficiency of the warehouse unit.Core Responsibilities
- Operate an electric reach truck to move pallets loaded with packaged pork products from the refrigerated warehouse area to the distribution area.
- Loads and unloads trucks to complete the shipping/receiving function, verifying the accuracy of the shipping manifests using forklift (sit down/stand up/cherry picker)
- Pick orders as directed through the VMU screen and transport orders to the appropriate staging area on the loading dock Hang/remove product on/off a cart
- Work in cold environment
- Complete warehouse activities as directed by the warehouse supervisor.
- Operates an electric-powered reach truck
- Operates an electric-powered pallet jack
- Transports or retrieves pallets of product to and from various locations in the warehouse
- Other duties as assigned
- Frequently push/pull heavy objects (15 to 75 lbs.)
- Occasional lifting of product from floor to waist level (100 lbs.)
- Frequent bending at the waist/knees
- Ability to work in cold environment (20-40 degrees F)
- Ability to work on wet and slippery conditions
- Ability to wear equipment, including hard hat, gloves, hearing protection, etc.
- Follow and understand written and verbal instructions, signs.
- Flexible schedule: able to work 9-12 hour days/6 days a week
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-10472
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food and leading consumer packaged meats company.
View the full profile
We are also the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer, committed to providing good food in a responsible way. We accomplish that by maintaining robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental, and food safety and quality programs.
Based in Smithfield, Virginia, in the United States, we are the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan’s Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, Cook’s®, John Morrell®, Gwaltney®, Kretschmar®, Margherita®, Curly’s®, Carando®, and Healthy Ones®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care
How We Got Started
In 1936, Joseph W. Luter and his son founded a small meat-packing company, The Smithfield Packing Company, along the tributary of the historic James River in the colonial town of Smithfield, Virginia. Over 60 years later, the “Genuine Smithfield Ham” that brought them worldwide acclaim is still born, bred and produced only in Smithfield. We now have a line of quality meats so vast, it’s helped make the parent company, Smithfield Foods, the world’s largest producer of pork products. Thanks to our heritage and commitment to flavor, Smithfield is now known as the “Ham Capital of the World.”