To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA 94102
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Business Sales Consultant-San Francisco
First Data • San Francisco, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Position: Business Sales Consultant
Location: San Francisco CA - Remote !
About First Data First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company’s 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
Position Description Overview
A recognized leader in helping small and medium sized (SMB) businesses grow through state of the art solutions is seeking energetic, tech-savvy, results driven sellers for a field-based Business Sales Consultant position on their short cycle merchant services sales team. We offer our Sales team continual formalized learning and operational support to ensure that you are well versed on our business solutions and product suite to assist you in maximizing your success.
• Successful Business Sales Consultant will be adept at generating their own leads in this business to business environment (B2B), as well as leveraging First Data partner relationships (or micro merchant sales for FD’s various organizations or verticals) to source sales opportunities. This includes interacting with prospects at strategic partner locations, working with partner representatives to acquire leads and promote First Data solutions, and leveraging co-branded marketing collateral in the partner’s geographical footprint to source new opportunities.
• Successful Business Sales Consultant will be adept at generating their own leads in this business to business environment (B2B), which may be complemented by referrals obtained from working relationships you build and develop along with those First Data has with over 1,400 nationwide bank partnerships and other referral sources, both large and small.
• The position will also be responsible for retaining clients by building relationships and growing portfolios through relationship management and cross consulting. As a member of our Regional Sales force, you will always represent the First Data values of embodying the highest ethical standards and treating others with dignity, respect, and genuine concern.
Scope of Job
Short sales cycle. May involve territory planning vs account planning.
Majority of the sales outcome is within the job's control.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent with 3+ years sales experience preferred.
• Professional presence required and ability to effectively interface with executives.
• Highly self-motivated, personable, aggressive, energetic, and creative
• Ability to listen to clients, understand their needs and determine how we can help them achieve their goals.
• Prior experience in a quota driven self-sourcing sales environment for small to medium size clients.
• Demonstrated success in achievement of aggressive sales goals.
• Technologically savvy; comfortable with tablet and cloud-based solutions and able to apply technology to help grow small businesses
• Strong cold-calling skills and ability to self-source leads.
• Self-source mentality with drive to identify and close on opportunities
• Ability to develop a plan to effectively build pipeline and generate top line revenue growth
• Proven track record of commitment and dedication to achieving results
- Sales Tasks & Activities
- Sales Scoping & Qualification
- Sales Closing & Agreements
- Field Sales
- Knowledge of Product Line
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.