Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Are you passionate about technology? Obsessed with customer delight? Are you a team builder, a team player, a leader extraordinaire? Do you find yourself constantly looking for ways to do better, be better and build better software?
Here at Optum, our Data Engineering team is looking for an exceptional Support and Delivery Manager who can build and lead full-stack production-oriented engineers with an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement and innovation. We are looking for a DevOps missionary to own development, operations, and modernization to drive relentlessly excellent customer support in production for an always-on suite of products with a global user base. If this sounds like you, the Commercial Data Engineering team at Optum is waiting, so read on.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with Business, Technical and Strategic Product to manage project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions
- Own the applications’ technology stack, leading development and operations. Drive modern solutions to complex problems
- Execute with excellence, hitting key metrics and MBOs, understanding they are meaningful indicators
- Drive design and development of resilient, reliable, scalable and self-healing solutions to meet and exceed customer requirements, SLAs.
- Ensure that all parts of the application eco system are thoroughly and effectively covered with telemetry
- Relieve the team of “churn” and “waste” by driving automation of menial tasks
- Build trust with business and tech stakeholders by delivering with solutions aligned with expectations, of high quality, on-time, and with measurable value
- Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Manage forecasts and budgets from multiple funding sources for engineering team demand
- Recruit and retain teams of highly capable data engineers, driving career development and owning standard resource manager responsibilities
- Mentor the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as possible
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with software engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile, and dev-ops
- 5+ years of experience with languages such as Java, C#, Python, Scala, Kotlin, and databases like Oracle as an engineer
- 3+ years of experience working with teams that leverage two or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, data pipelines, application observability and monitoring, site reliability engineering
- 2+ years of experience doing DevOps, production support, helpdesk or similar function
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
- 1+ years of experience modernizing and migrating to new technologies and platforms
- 1+ years of experience with Azure or other public cloud
- 1+ years of Production experience with cloud technologies
- Experience managing others, or commensurate tech lead experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We’re out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you’re in, you’ll be challenged like never before. It’s time to join this history making.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.