To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Orleans, LA
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • New Orleans, LA
Posted 2 months ago
In this role, you will:
- Write, shoot and edit original content with a platform-specific approach for web, social and broadcast
- Tell stories in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing software, production techniques, photography tools, including new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to tell great stories.
- Enterprise and develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver LIVE news events across all platforms (Twitter, FB Live, website livestream, broadcast live stand up) in an engaging, exciting and accurate manner.
- Conduct insightful interviews with newsmakers and research for facts and credibility.
- Operate news gathering vehicles.
- Work collaboratively in a positive team environment.
- Perform other tasks as required by newsroom leadership
Here's what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots on-air, on Facebook and on our website/app.
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Adobe Premier, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under deadlines a must
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.