Quail Run Behavioral Health is currently seeking RN's to join our team. We have FT Day or Night shift positions available in our psychiatric care units. We offer a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package with generous PTO. We would love to talk with you today! You may complete an on line application through this site or for fast track and immediate consideration please fax your resume to our Human Resources department at Phone number blocked - click to apply or email Email blocked - click to apply
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Staff Nurse and the Charge Nurse provide safe and effective nursing care in the assigned area(s) in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the Hospital and within the framework of established policies and procedures of the Department of Nursing Services. As a key team member in the clinical area, the Staff Nurse and Charge Nurse promote a climate of effective performance and learning through role modeling, willingness to learn and teach, and availability to patients and staff.
1. Completes an assessment for each patient by performing a thorough mental, physical, nutritional and functional assessment on admission, and as needed, based upon patient’s condition.
2. Assesses patient’s psychosocial status, and patient/family learning needs and discharge criteria.
3. Assesses for pain, utilizes pain scale; documents accordingly.
4. Utilizes appropriate observation level for patient: q15 minute checks, visual observation, and/or 1:1 or elopement precautions.
5. Completes plan of care; formulates a nursing diagnosis based upon assessment findings. Reviews plan of care daily and modifies as patient’s condition changes.
6. Organizes and directs care of patients, setting priorities and assigning most skilled staff to care for most acutely ill patients.
7. Provides/coordinates education of patients based on assessment of learning needs and readiness.
8. Provides care for patient’s with: Depression/Suicidal impulses, Mania, Delusions/Hallucinations, Paranoia, Anxiety, Aggressive/Assaultive Behavior, Chemical Dependency Issues/Detox, Personality Disorders, i.e. Borderline/Sociopathic, Eating Disorders, Dissociate Identity Disorder/PTSD, Dementia/Alzheimer’s, and medical problems such as hypertension, headache, diabetes, URI, UTI, heart disease, thyroid disorders, and acute or chronic infection.
9. Intervenes in managing complex patient care situations utilizing departmental policies and procedures that promote most facilitative alternatives. Prioritizes interventions in rapidly changing patient situations.
10. Assesses patient’s response to interventions; communicates these findings to other team members.
11. Sets priorities appropriately utilizing data from Nursing Assessment. Adapts procedures to individual patient needs while maintaining the integrity of the principles involved.
12. Documents education about medications, disease symptom identification, social skills, stress management, and impulse control regulation.
Education: Graduate from an accredited program of professional nursing required
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years experience in a psychiatric health-care facility preferred.
Licensure: Currently licensed to practice by the Arizona State Board of Nursing or holds an interstate compact license from a participating state.
Additional Requirements: Must pass a medication administration exam before administering medications. CPR certification upon hire. Successful completion of Handle with Care, including restraint and seclusion policies, within 30 days of employment, and prior to assisting in restraining procedures.
Medication Therapy Management