Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Sales done right.
At American Tire Distributors, our associates are our greatest asset and we’re always on the lookout for inspirational leaders who know how to get the best out of the team. The Customer Development Manager will be part of our award-winning Sales Organization and responsible for new business growth within assigned accounts. As part of the most digitally connected and insightful sales force in the industry, the Customer Development Manager will have the opportunity to supercharge their skills by working with tools and applications created by ATD’s advanced analytics team. These tools cover a wide range of applications including analyzing a dealer’s business to determine what products they should stock, recommending prices across thousands of products, identifying which dealers are best positioned to take advantage of promotional offers, generating new customer leads, and many more. Backed by big data and cutting-edge analytics, the Customer Development Manager will be empowered to take their selling career to the next level at ATD.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Achieve monthly and annual budget/plan as assigned by Director of Sales and Regional President.
- Analyze assigned customer’s needs and utilize insights from advanced analytics tools along with your perspective to increase customer’s profitability and grow ATD share of account.
- Develop and maintain existing customers by developing and implementing an annual sales and marketing plan
- Sell a differentiated customer experience based on data and analytics.
- Maximize sales opportunities through sales calls (primarily personal visits and some telephone calls)
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products (new and existing), policies and merchandising information to effectively serve dealers.
- Monitor and communicate competitive information including pricing, policies and marketing strategies and relate information back to appropriate personnel.
You will need the following to succeed at ATD:
At a minimum:
- Excellent selling skills including consultative selling, also must have the ability to build, communicate and execute a business plan
- Ability to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance along with the ability to calculate and articulate pricing and gross profit multipliers, margin return and mark-up. Ability to calculate sales increase needed to offset a GP% decline.
- Experience with digital business solutions from B2B/C platforms and robust tools – analytic tools for insight driven selling
- Knowledge of current materials, methods, tools, i.e. market analysis, financial and market intelligence tools and equipment (including technology)
- Minimum High School Graduate or GED; Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college or university preferred
- 3+ years’ experience as a sales professional or similar
- Ability to think innovatively, be able to identify and act on ideas which further the Company's strategic goals and business plan
It’d be great if you also have:
- Thorough understanding of principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with the ability to articulate the ATD value proposition
- Ability to create business solutions to customer needs that directly impacting the customer’s bottom line
- An understanding of the retail sales process
- Embrace change, self-starter, energetic
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Should be a strategic and innovative thinker, to be able to identify and act on ideas which further the company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments, communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance.
Additional Details (work environment, specializations, etc.)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel required: 80+% of the time, travel throughout the geographic area within the assigned region and will require overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other destinations will be required
Be part of something big.
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits within 30 days
- 401(k) retirement plan includes a substantial company match
- Generous parental and paid-time off package
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Shift Type: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Job ID: R23701
- Business Development
- Customer Retention
- Utilize Passion
- Meet Sales Objectives
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction