Description Job Description:
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Data Engineer to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a Data Engineer on this program, you will have the opportunity to use Data Engineering, Data Science and Software Engineer techniques to satisfy customer requirements in processing, transforming and enriching large scale datasets. This role designs, develops, tests and maintains processing pipelines, web services and APIs to condition, enhance, model and apply domain-specific logic to data for use by API consumers and Mission Applications. This role deals with a wide variety of raw data and data processed at different levels using Python or Java and associated libraries or frameworks: Spark, PySpark, Spark Streaming, DataFrames, Flask, Scikit-Learn, Parquet, Numpy, Pandas, etc.) that utilize, collect, aggregate and clean large data sets to implement services perform analysis, extraction, and enrichment for persistence in various data stores. This role collaborates across a team of Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Administrators, and Software Engineers to produce work products using a CI/CD workflow in an Agile development process.
- This role supports objectives and tasks by leveraging numerous tools, techniques and infrastructures to include Elasticsearch, Spark, and AWS/S3
- Responsible for building, orchestrating and running data migrations across different datastores/databases and environments, for example, data migration from an on-premises Elasticsearch cluster to a cloud hosted Elasticsearch cluster.
- Responsible for building solutions that respect customer data policy, retention, compliance, governance and handling requirements
- Coordinates across various internal teams to ensure linkage between numerous data sources
- Degree in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field or degree in a business or management-related field accompanied by experience managing technical requirements in complex programs.
- Hands-on experience with Python, Java and data processing, manipulation or querying (SQL or NoSQL)
- Hands-on experience with Spark/PySpark, MapReduce or other large scale distributed processing frameworks.
- Experience working on complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience working on critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of experience; or a Master's with 2-6 years of experience.
- Will consider experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with tools like Git, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Experience developing in or deploying to AWS"
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
NSOINTExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Engineer - TS/SCI w/Poly.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Engineer - TS/SCI w/Poly.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Engineer - TS/SCI w/Poly.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Amazon Web Services