For more than 75 years, NBBJ has been guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as the worlds most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the worlds leading companies and institutions Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
The AEC industry is rapidly evolving to combine new, innovative project delivery methods with advancing technologies and design to fabrication workflows. A core value at NBBJ is that we never stop asking what if? and why?. As we continue to envision what the future will look like, we have identified the need for a new firmwide leadership role, Industrialized Construction, Director.
We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative and passionate team leader who is committed to implementing strategies to deliver sustainable projects more efficiently. This role will be centered around advancing industrialized construction processes firmwide. This is an opportunity is ideally located in one of our NBBJ locations (Boston, New York, DC, Columbus, London, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco or Los Angeles) but we are open to connecting with those who are not in one of the listed locations.
- Develop the strategy, planning and execution of DfMA workflows to meet strategic business goals and as required to align with project requirements
- Work with the firms collegial groups to develop NBBJs roadmap for scaling up Industrialized Construction capabilities
- Establish and grow industry relationships with fabricators, builders, consultants, owners, technology experts, and academics who are targeting Industrialized Construction processes/research
- Act as a firmwide resource for prefabrication/manufacturing expertise, coordination, and execution of Industrialized Construction workflows on projects
- Champion Industrialized Construction related skillsets and workflows firm wide
- Work directly with NBBJ Digital teams to develop standardized digital workflows and align technologies to support our Industrialized Construction strategy
- Responsible for interfacing with firm-wide and studio leadership to encourage execution of the IC plan on key projects
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction, Manufacturing or other related industry
- 10+ years of experience in team creation and leadership
- 10+ years of experience in the construction industry
- 5+ years of experience in system and component prefabrication, modular, off-site and industrialized construction
- Knowledge of the technology-related processes required for successful Industrialized Construction related workflows
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of experience in lean manufacturing and construction
- A strong understanding of architectural design and Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows
- A high appreciation for digital technologies in the AEC industry
- AEC supply chain knowledge
- Architectural Design
- Building Information Modeling
- Business Strategies
- Construction Engineering