Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist for our Fort Collins, Colorado office.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The selected candidate will provide technical support for environmental assessment and remediation projects related to soil, groundwater, and soil vapor. You will
• Perform a range of tasks, requiring utilization of scientific or geologic analytical techniques.
• Evaluate and interpret sampling data, prepare technical reports with supporting data presented in graphs, charts, and maps when applicable.
• Assist with project planning and health and safety planning and oversight.
• Conduct multi-media sampling, field audits and inspections, organizing and reviewing data, preparing reports, contractor oversight, and related services.
• Conduct soil sampling, air sampling, air monitoring, person air monitoring, and other multimedia sampling.
The ideal candidate will have
• 1-5 years’ experience in environmental consulting, HazMat response, or related field.
• Strong emergency response and remediation management skills and the ability to respond quickly within a mandatory response time is a plus.
• Experience with remedial design, hazardous waste, site investigations, site remediation, field sampling, air quality is desirable.
• Ability and desire to work independently.
• Interest in assisting with business development proposal efforts.
• Understanding and implementing regulatory guidelines/rules is a plus.
• Be highly motivated, customer focused, and work well in a team environment.
• Demonstrated professional and team-oriented approach to work.
• Ability to manage a heavy workload and travel.
• Excellent communication, client interaction, and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications are required.
• B.A or B.S. in environmental science or related degree required.
• Asbestos certification preferred but not required.
• 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER/8-hour refresher or ICS related training a plus.
• You must be able to carry field equipment (30 to 40 pounds) and don personal protective gear as needed.
• You must be able to work in outdoor areas during all seasons and be exposed to various weather conditions while performing fieldwork.
• You must also meet physical demands of hazardous waste site work.
• This position requires periodic travel to local and regional client sites, including overnight stays.
• This position requires you to drive on a regular basis and will require passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting URL blocked - click to apply.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at URL blocked - click to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Environmental Impact Assessments