Overview: Gemma Services is seeking a full time, Registered Nurse to join our Residential Treatment Facility located at Plymouth Meeting, PA
Our nonprofit agency provides education, nurturing, and healing for children, teens, and families through evidence-based and individualized services. We offer education programs, mental health services in residential and community settings, foster care and adoption services, and prevention programs.
Residential Treatment provides 24/7 clinical treatment and trauma-focused care for children and youth who have experienced traumas and/or significant mental health concerns. Our goal is to help them heal and learn new skills so they can live successfully in a home and community setting.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the responsibilities of the RN include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administers First Aid as well as nursing care to injured, sick, or infirm children.
- Evaluates all medical problems and informs Health Care Services Director and Executive-On-Duty (EOD)/Executive-On-Call (EOC) of specific problems.
- Prepares, administers, and records all individual medications; orders and maintains correct medications for each child.
- Transcribes all medication/treatment orders and initiates procedures.
- Maintains children's Health Records, medication log, and communications log.
- Secures and maintains children's immunization records and arranges for updating these immunizations, as required by law and recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- For new admissions: completes nurse's admission history and physical; assembles Child Health Records; obtains and records past medical history; arranges for medical and dental examinations within regulatory guidelines; provides immunizations and lab work; obtains proper release forms.
- Maintains all Joint Commission (TJC) Health Care Standards; accurately records all information required for TJC Indicators for the Health Care Management Committee (HCMC).
- Organizes, maintains, and follows schedule for all children for routine medical and dental exams, monthly blood tests, follow-up appointments, and referrals.
- Completes Individual Service Plans (ISPs) as required by the agency, and maintains quarterly reports for controlled substances.
- Updates medical and immunization records with all incoming information from parents/guardians, physicians, etc., and maintains current written prescriptions on file.
- Obtains verbal orders authorizing physical restraints, and conducts the physical assessment of the child within 60 minutes of the end of the restraint.
- Prepares and dispenses all medications and supplies necessary for home visits and excursions.
Shift is every Friday 7am-3pm and one additional day, which will be decided upon hire.
Valid PA RN license required; bachelor's degree preferred.
Previous experience in a mental health setting preferred.
Administering Blood Tests