To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lincoln, NE 68502
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Allstate Insurance Company • Lincoln, NE
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Join Allstate’s Life Technology Solutions development team, and help deliver innovative technical solutions for this Fortune 100 Company. In this highly-collaborative environment, your role as a Java Application Developer is to deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges, integrate with existing systems, and create business-driven technology roadmaps. This role is in support of the Life and Retirement business area. The ideal candidate will thrive in seeking challenging problems, proposing and presenting solutions and products, building relationships within and across all levels of the organization, soliciting feedback, and finding ways to thrill Allstate’s customers. Allstate is looking for a bright & motivated individual to join their team. This role supports a complex web based application in an Agile environment.
- Create detailed technical specifications, develop application and system code, participate in code reviews and module testing, and support ongoing maintenance
- Review and understand detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements including technical recovery, security and audit
- Manage individual work priorities and deliverables
- Participate in production support activities by determining the nature, impact, and extent of the problem.
- Execute change management activities supporting code deployment
- Opportunity to lead platform infrastructure initiatives, as well as deliver enhanced functionality for web services and the web browser UI
- Contribute to Cloud development strategies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of development experience
- Solid understanding of Java and object oriented design
- WAS (WebSphere Application Server) experience
- Linux/Unix development
- RAD (Rational Application Developer) or Eclipse
- Database management systems (Oracle, SQL-Server, etc.)
- SOAP/HTTP/Web Services
- Jenkins and GitHub
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.