VRL Eurofins is the Pre-Transplant Testing division of Eurofins, committed to servicing the transplant community with regional high complexity testing laboratories. Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, with satellite laboratories in or near Los Angeles, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, and Minneapolis, VRL Eurofins is continuing to expand throughout the United States and is seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented Laboratory Manager
to work in Cincinnati, OH.
Laboratory Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
The ideal candidate would possess
- Manages the day to day operation of the laboratory to insure smooth flow of samples and testing
- Hires, coaches, reviews, manages, and terminates assigned staff
- Oversees the scheduling of laboratory staff to insure production schedules are met
- Counsels laboratory staff with regard to problems encountered in daily operations
- Oversees the checking and transfer of data as necessary and takes steps to correct possibly inaccurate data prior to continued processing or release
- Oversees the orientation of new laboratory staff to their responsibilities and the function of the laboratory
- Conduct timely investigations in coordination with Quality Assurance related to site quality events, including, but not limited to customer complaints, inquiries, non-conformances, corrective actions, and audit findings
- Identifies process improvements to better meet client expectations and company objectives
- Recommends new equipment for the laboratory
- Compiles statistics
- Oversees the monitoring of inventory/ordering by establishing and maintaining par levels and re-stocking points for general laboratory supplies and reagents
- Serves as a liaison for the laboratory to outside vendors
- Assists in the development of a budget and monitors laboratory expenditures
- Performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies and cGMP expectations, including but not limited to: Facility and equipment maintenance, validation review and approval, training (internal, continuing education, proficiency testing, annual GMP, etc.)
- Supports VRL Eurofins' business philosophy, leadership values and ethics
- Meets basic expectations of VRL's quality management system, including, but not limited to good workmanship, adherence to standard operational procedures, training, good documentation practices, accurate record keeping so the company may meet its stated quality policy and objectives
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment, and techniques used in microbiology testing
- Demonstrated success in improving operational, quality, and safety performance
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to organize, communicate, teach, and work with others in an effective manner
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local standards, regulations, guidelines and requirements effecting operations of a clinical reference laboratory
- Ability to manage and schedule the work of others
- Analytical thinking and communication skills
- Bachelors of Science degree required
Medical Technologist certification required
- 5+ year's of experience in a clinical lab
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Cincinnati, Ohio are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Process Improvements (Business)
Good Manufacturing Practices
Certified Global Meeting Planner
Quality Management Systems
Complex Problem Solving