- Assists with the preparation and review the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required. (i.e. Income & Expense, Real Estate Tax payments, Property Tax fillings, Baseball tax, etc
- Supports Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and/or rental agreements and is responsible for lease administration process. Maintains intimate knowledge of lease agreements and ensures compliance from accounting and Ops perspective
- Reviews and approves purchases of supplies and equipment in accordance with client budgets and established parameters.
- Prepares annual submissions for review by the General Manager for the JLL Property Awards Program and industry awards (e.g., BOMA TOBY award.)
- Responsible for compliance with development, revision and implementation of property manuals and on-line systems.
- Works with Client Accounting Services (CAS) to manage the accounting process fully and directs on-site bookkeeping functions and collection process. Oversees the development and revision of written accounting procedures for the office.
- Prepares and reviews financial documents pertaining to all building operations. These include but are not limited to: tenant billing processes, occupancy rates, dates of lease expirations, financial reporting for client monthly and ensures quarterly and annual compliance with financial documents. Report to General Manager any variances, concerns and projections needed to sustain building operations.
- Assists with the preparation of the final budget documentation (i.e., explanatory notes.) Plans and administers budget for the office building(s).
- Creates and reports out regularly on the asset management plan.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required. Recommends, justifies, develops and coordinates projects that enhance the value of the office buildings.
- Works with Building Engineer/Chief Engineer to assign employees to duties pursuant to client and JLL guidelines.
- Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.
- Draft contracts within 24-48 hours, conduct follow-up with vendor for return of contract in a timely manner. Pulling together mandated contract package documents for review and signature by GM. Forward and track as needed for communication and compliance.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services. Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits bids, recommendations and standard form contract agreement to Vice President for execution.
- Work with Operating Engineer/Chief Engineer to ensure that emergency evacuation procedures are in place and life safety systems are operating effectively and that 4-Sight is kept updated on a regular basis.
- Assists Chief Engineer in meeting the assigned criteria within the Compliance Excellence Program and Engineering Audit with the assistance of the Property Administrator. Assures compliance with JLL policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Maintains role as primary/secondary contact for tenants relative to tenant service requests. Proactively meets with tenant representatives on scheduled basis. Communicates regularly with the Property Administrator, providing necessary support and information to this primary tenant contact.
- Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forwards listing to client for review.
- Inspects all properties on a regular basis to ensure building operations are performing according to Jones Lang LaSalle standards and procedures.
- Overseas, communication and management the tenant move-in/move-out process to minimize disruption to established tenants.
- Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement. Submits hiring recommendations to General Manager for approval.
- Manages the development, of the Property Administrator and the Quality Tenant Service ("QTS") program. In addition, oversees the implementation of the QTS program at assigned buildings.
- Oversees the Property Administrator in the preparation of office equipment leases and maintenance agreements.
- Directly supervises employees reporting to the assigned buildings. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the policies enumerated within the JLL Personnel Handbook and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Knows, understands and sets an example relative to the policies within the JLL Personnel Handbook.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate or bachelor’s degree required
- Finance or Acctg degree preferred
- Advanced degree a plus
Years of relevant experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of commercial real estate or property management experience
Skills and knowledge
- Communication Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.), general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, tenants, vendors, peers and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proration’s, percentages, basic calculation of measurement of rent, parking fees, and late fees.
- Ability to define and resolve complex issues and resolve with practical concrete business minded solutions
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, and any other software program or piece of technology identified as standard for Jones Lang LaSalle or requested by the Client.
- Capable of managing construction projects such as tenant improvements, restroom renovations and major repair and maintenance projects, etc.
- Real estate license strongly recommended and may be required in some states.
- LEED AP or GA accreditation preferred
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Reading Video Display Terminals, order forms and other written documents.
- Lifting a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds.
- Using and accessing stairwells during emergencies.
- Using keyboards for typing and computer input.
- Hearing, speaking and answering the office telephone system.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback