JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
•This position is contingent upon customer funding of the position.
Provides software and systems engineering services, generally as a senior member of a work unit or group
• Manages software/system projects, and provides guidance to the technical staff.
• Interacts with customers and project managers on a regular basis.
• Uses broad judgment in defining and solving technical or managerial issues of the highest complexity or of far reaching significance.
• Captures and manages customer requirements at a system level, develops and analyzes the most appropriate approach to solve complex technical problems.
• Functions as the System Architect overseeing the overall design and configuration management of systems.
• Develops the design of the system/software and the associated design documentation. Prepares and conducts design reviews.
• Implements the design through software coding or hardware and documents the implementation appropriately.
• Plans and executes unit, integration, and systems testing.
• Manages the maintenance and sustainment activities of the system/software.
• May provide work direction to lower level technical staff.
• Establishes and maintains positive customer relations.
• Supports pursuit of new business efforts, leads proposal efforts, and acts as a technical consultant.
• Performs other related duties as requested.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION Strong grasp and usage of C, understanding of C++ and C#, familiar with Qt. Worked on Integrated Development Environments such as Visual Studio 2015 or newer. Programming concepts as follows; write client/server network applications using sockets, write threaded capable applications, memory management in applications, interface with OSS (Windows/Linux) features for programming file manipulation (open/read/write), graphical user interface (Windows/Qt), collection types with arrays/lists/maps, OpenGL graphics programming in a Windows environment. GIT knowledge. Familiar with Excel Macro development.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must have a Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline and at least 8 years of related experience or have a Master's Degree in an associated discipline and at least 6 years of experience, or a PhD in an associated discipline and at least 4 years of experience. Incumbent must possess effective oral and written communication skills. Must have demonstrated expertise with computer based systems and applications. Must have excellent programming skills in languages used for job specific programming tasks. Must have experience in the application of industry standard hardware and software design and documentation techniques. Applicant must have extensive knowledge of systems engineering and software development lifecycles. The incumbent must possess a valid, state issued driver's license. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled