We are currently seeking an Operating Engineer to provide maintenance and repair services in government facilities environment. This position will service the base building systems, including HVAC mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, and related components. Must have the ability to lead other service technicians, design solutions for difficult problems, manage outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet time lines.
- Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings
- Perform maintenance and repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep these systems up to applicable standards
- Maintains responsibility for preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency
- Monitoring operation and maintaining refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment, boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment, pumps, valves, piping and filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment
- Performs and/or completes all tenant service requests accurately and expediently.
- Formulates and implements the preventative maintenance program for the building.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Monitors the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
- Be able to evaluate building systems to monitor and to improve performance to operate efficiently.
- Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building.
- Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends
- Periodically acts as the on-call engineer for the portfolio of office buildings.
- Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
- Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner
- High school diploma or GED
- CFC Certification
- Strong HVAC background; 5+ years
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in electrical, HVAC trade, including rooftop units
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in backup systems (generator and UPS)
- Knowledge of maintenance and operation of building automation, water treatment and fire life safety systems
- Good interpersonal and a positive team attitude
- Familiarity with computers and operations and office automation applications, including Microsoft Office
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances to cover property portfolio. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers URL blocked - click to apply
Use Hand Tool