To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60606
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Credit Analyst I
RJ Obrien and Assoc. • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Job Title: Credit Analyst I
Business Unit: Risk
Reports To: Senior Director Risk
The Credit Analyst I will be responsible for the management of the credit data base and monthly reporting. The incumbent will use both qualitative and quantitative tools to analyze complex trading situations. Successful incumbent should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and work well as an integral member of a team, as well as have initiative, energy and confidence to complete projects with limited supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct financial statement analysis to determine the viability, stability, and overall financial health of clients
- Review of accounts, including new accounts, annual reviews, temporary extensions, and limit amendments. This includes requests for trading limits, credit lines, margin levels and thresholds for futures, and OTC trading.
- Establishing Market Risk Credit Allowance Limits (MRCA)
- Identifying and mitigating key credit issues
- Negotiate and manage letters of credit with supervision
- Negotiate and manage letters of guaranty with supervision
- Liaison with Risk staff for all credit-related issues
- Liaison with Business units for trading limit and line requests
- Maintain credit and legal documentation files
- Responsibility for and in conjunction with compliance “Know Your Client” rules and client referential data
- Responsible for the management of data warehouse credit information and the update of statistics for monthly reporting
We seek candidates with strong analytical skills. In this role, you will use both qualitative and quantitative tools to analyze complex trading situations. You should also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and work well as an integral member of a team, as well as have initiative, energy and confidence to complete projects with limited supervision. Judgment and discretion in working with highly confidential information are also critical.
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and to multitask
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field
- 2- 3 years of related experience
It is the policy of R.J. O’Brien & Associates, LLC to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
R.J. O’Brien & Associates, LLC (RJO) is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RJO via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at RJO in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of RJO, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.