Manufacturing/Quality Tester 2nd ShiftTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and soft starters. With our products, global scale and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
The role reports to the Group Lead, Quality Test Engineer and is located in New Berlin, Wisconsin. As a Manufacturing/Quality Tester 2nd Shift, you will be responsible for performing troubleshooting and repairing of manufactured products and test systems ensuring compliance with customer specifications and delivery requirements and all company quality standardsYour responsibilities
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of complex electric drive and control products per test procedures, using standard and specialized test equipment, ensuring compliance to the quality and delivery metrics.
- Troubleshoot electric drive and control products to locate fault, and complete repairs as required.
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance of test systems and equipment.
- Assist in the training of test technicians and operators of test equipment.
- Prioritize workload to ensure product deliveries met per master production schedule.
- Perform a Gage R&R to help determine if a measurement system is out of control.
- Select and/or construct required test jigs or specialized test equipment.
- Ensure completion and maintenance of all required paperwork, records, documentation, and reports.
- Participate in continuous product and process cross training programs.
- Continuously review manufacturing processes and recommend improvements to increase productivity and quality while reducing costs.
- Assist engineering in developing test area layouts and processes for new products.
- Follow and comply with all safety rules and regulations and company policies.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards within their assigned work area.
- Participate in PFMEA and/or problem-solving sessions.
- Understanding of the following programming languages: C++, LabView, Java, Python.
- Working knowledge of SAP, manufacturing control system and Microsoft office software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases, including Microsoft Access.
- Working knowledge of the organization’s order delivery and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of testing requirements for all products manufactured within their assigned work area.
- Working around Live Power products while following ABBs safety procedures.
More about us
- Requires an associate degree in electronics and three to five year of related experience or six to eight years of progressively responsible related experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Requires the ability to operate a variety of electronic test equipment, such as digital meters and oscilloscopes, computers, etc.
- Requires the ability to operate soldering tools.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing/Quality Tester 2nd Shift http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing/Quality Tester 2nd Shift
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
- Test Equipment
- C++ (Programming Language)