Mechanical Services of Central Florida, Inc., (MSI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. MSI designs, builds, operates and maintains commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems that provide healthy, productive and efficient working environments. With over 320 of the region's most highly trained HVAC specialists and professionals, we have unmatched resources available to support the needs of our clients through every phase of their ownership cycle.
Job Title: Service Technician
Job Summary: To perform maintenance and Repair work, as directed, and to process necessary paperwork promptly, accurately and completely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate company vehicle.
- Initiate and maintain positive customer relationships with all existing customers and potential new customers.
- Maintain a standard inventory of parts and tools on vehicle for use in the performance of work.
- Maintain an adequate supply of service invoices for recording performance of service work and parts used or sold.
- Maintain service vehicles in good, safe operating condition, attending to normal servicing and reporting to Manager if and when major repairs or reconditioning are deemed necessary.
- Attend promptly to service calls dispatched through Service Administrators.
- Perform service, maintenance and repair work efficiently.
- Complete the documentation of the service call on a service Invoice as per company policy.
- Return all required paperwork to the Service Group at designated times and assist office personnel with any questions they may have regarding it.
- Maintain an accurate record of time spent on customer jobs, as well as any non-billable time.
- Immediately call Service Administrators after service call completed for further dispatch information.
- Demonstrate high mechanical aptitude.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of good customer service techniques.
- Congenial personality and a helpful attitude.
- Physical activities of standing, balancing, climbing stairs & ladders, walking and lifting of weights of 50 lbs or more are required in daily performance of job.
- Use of upper extremities required for forward and overhead reaching, pushing and pulling, and material handling.
- Use of torso and lower extremities required for kneeling, crawling, stooping, twisting, and squatting.
- Enrolled in or have completed HVAC Apprenticeship Program.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 4 years of experience as a Service Technician desired.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer