Seeking shipboard alteration installers for fleet modernization. The selected candidate will be supporting our Systems Integrations Organization working on active class submarines, surface ships, and shore based communication facilities installing, repairing, and troubleshooting electrical cable systems and/or various types connectors on Navy and other marine vessels to assist with alterations and installations for fleet modernization on various contracts such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Space & Naval Warfare Systems Command and Naval Surface Warfare Center. Selected candidate will be required to travel to shipyards and military bases located around or out of the country when not assigned to a local task. Per diem available based on location when on travel, travel and lodging expenses are covered by the company. All positions are contingent upon award and customer approval. *TL
Essential Job Responsibilities
Duties will include: Installs, maintains, repairs, and modifies cable systems. Use engineered drawings, statements of work, and technical manuals to determine requirements for cable systems. Prepare and installs distribution equipment and terminates tip cables on main distribution frames. Ensure techniques, materials and accomplishments meeting technical standards and specifications and engineering directives. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. Participate in special projects as required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance.
- Must have marine electrician experience for installing, repairing, and troubleshooting electrical distribution systems on Navy and other marine vessels.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DBIDS/CAC badge to support base access/credentials.
- Must have a High School education, Trade School, or equivalent, and 6 years of related experience (prefer technical/professional certifications).
- Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- Must be fully COVID-19 Immunized.
- Applicants with marine electrician journeyman certification is preferred.
- NAVSEA STD 009-073 Multi-pin Copper Certification is a plus.
- NAVSEA STD 009-123 Fiber Optic certification is a plus.
- Prior AIT or active duty experience on current active class submarines is preferred.
- Experience installing and assembling electronic equipment cabinets associated with C5ISR/ C4ISR is preferred.
- Prior Submarine Radio Room C4I experience preferred.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Building on a legacy of more than a century of naval shipbuilding, Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries provides mission-critical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. Comprising nearly 6,000 professionals in 45 states and 16 countries, our unique national security services portfolio includes unmanned systems, defense and federal solutions, and nuclear and environmental services. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Marine Electrician - 4252.
Federal Executive Order 14042 requires that covered contractor employees who work on, or in connection with, covered Federal contracts or at covered contractor workplaces may be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and comply with other requirements. Covered contractor employees also must comply with agency COVID-19 workplace safety requirements while in Federal workplaces. Applicant agrees to comply with said requirements to the extent they apply to the applied-for position.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
- Assembly And Installation
- Confined Spaces
- Heavy Equipment