Luxury Senior Living Communities
In Coral Gables, Kendall, Homestead & Weston
Is looking for
Brand New Palace at Weston
An Independent, Assisted Living & Memory Care Community
16025 Emerald Estates Drive, Weston
The #1 Priority of this position is…
To install, maintain & repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipes & electrical systems that are installed in the building.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill & milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures & tools.
- Routinely inspect ceiling tiles, exit & overhead lights and exchange/replace as needed.
- Repair and maintain apartments’ furnishing, plumbing and electrical fixtures.
- Maintain required logs for equipment as required by the inspecting authorities.
- Empty building trash every afternoon & take it to the community dumpster.
- A high school degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years of maintenance experience. Healthcare or hospitality setting preferred.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English. Spanish preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions & procedure manuals.
- Basic math skills required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Polite, responsible, outgoing, punctual, quick on the feet, resourceful and strong enough to do the job.
- Flexible as to work schedule. Must be able to work on weekends, holidays, & in emergencies.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently AND as a team member.
- Must enjoy teamwork.
- Have patience and ability to speak clearly with the elderly.
Hardworking And Dedicated