To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Johnstown, United States, PA 15901
- Adam Munoz
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Underwriting Technical Assistant
Ryan Specialty Group • Johnstown, United States, PA
Posted 2 months ago
Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is an international specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for brokers, agents and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty (RT), and a collection of managing general underwriting companies within RSG Underwriting Managers (RSGUM). RSG was founded by Mr. Patrick G. Ryan, the retired Chairman and CEO of Aon Corporation. A highly regarded insurance veteran, Mr. Ryan saw the need for a specialty organization devoted exclusively to creating sophisticated insurance and risk management solutions for a select group of hard-to-place risks. With its mission of delivering measurable value, RSG is committed to providing specialty insurance services, proven leadership, outstanding industry experience and quality services in all of our exchanges with retail agents and brokers, and insurance carriers worldwide.
RSGUM is looking for an Underwriter Technical Assistant to join our Johnstown, PA office. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in developing their insurance career.
The ideal candidate has a strong business background and is seeking a career in a rapidly expanding company that provides targeted capital investments in talent and companies. The Technical Assistant will be responsible for clearing, binding, and issuing commercial insurance policies on our MGA/MGU agency management system and participating in special projects to continually improve our processes and services standards.
- Accurately clear new business submissions in a timely manner with an attention to detail.
- Populate underwriting applications with the information necessary to rate, document and issue accurate and compliant policies.
- Bind and issue new and renewal commercial insurance policies. Process endorsements, cancellations and reinstatements.
- Process endorsements, cancellations and reinstatements.
- Process notices of cancellation, non-renewal notices and renewal solicitation notices.
- Troubleshoot booking and accounting issues or discrepancies.
- Communicate effectively with management, underwriters and brokers to secure the information necessary to accurately process the business.
- Provide timely and efficient service to all internal and external customers, including underwriters and brokers.
- Create and distribute routine and ad-hoc reports as assigned.
- Participate in or handle special projects, as needed.
- Collaborates with resources across the organization to pursue continual process optimization and innovation.
- BA/BS degree preferred. Business and/or a technology related degree a plus.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in an office environment, insurance experience and experience with core business systems and applications preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Excel and Word skills required. SQL knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and data integrity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain standards of quality and quantity of output as established by management.
- Desire and drive to foster teamwork in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work well within a team and to continually learn in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer