Heavy and Highway Construction Estimating Experience is absolutely required.
Reviews and analyzes blueprints, specifications, and other bid information in order to prepare a complete, quality bid within the time period provided. Plans, directs, and coordinates project activities to ensure goals of project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicits and maintains positive relationships with potential and current clients.
- Analyzes plans and specifications on various projects to determine time frame, funding limitations and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Prepares and submits a quality estimate within the time period provided.
- Solicits bids and negotiates contracts with subcontractors.
- Coordinates start date of work between owner and outside superintendent and establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for assignment of project personnel.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Evaluates and prepares pricing for change orders.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule, within prescribed budget, and provides advice to solve problems.
- Follows job costs.
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: dTUxaGZHnW
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The H&K Group began as a small family business a half century ago. Today, we’re a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies providing complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value.
View the full profile
While embracing the legacy of “H&K” as our founders envisioned it, our new generation of family leadership is also committed to refining our corporate goals and focusing intently on the future. With contemporary vision, strategy and a keen eye on technology and innovation, we continue to pioneer new processes and set new industry standards that consistently exceed our client’s most demanding project expectations.
Here at The H&K Group, we live and work by a value system that places accountability, quality and integrity above all business practices and principals. In so doing, we have built a company culture that creates exceptional products and services while remaining socially responsible, ethical and fair in all that we do. By operating in this manner we have created a code of trust in our customers, clients, employees, and the communities in which we operate that is unrivaled in our industry.
Though large in capability, strength, experience and value, we are unique in our ability to remain hands-on, engaged and local in the way we conduct business at H&K. This, we believe, is the H&K difference.