Are you ready to Build Something Amazing?
At La-Z-Boy, we're committed to creating lasting relationships - within the organization and outside of it. We are looking for self-motivated and energetic interns with a commitment to excellence. We value this at La-Z-Boy because they are what drives us forward.
La-Z-Boy not only encourages collaboration with your fellow interns, but we focus our selection on students who not only stand out in the classroom, but who take pride in their work with their community. La-Z-Boy puts an emphasis on giving back. We are actively involved in encouraging others to participate in our sustainability efforts and volunteerism. Ultimately, La-Z-Boy looks for interns and employees alike who are excited about making houses into homes, and taking the opportunity to positively affect the lives of our customers.
The Residential Accounting Internship
The FP&A/Accounting internship role will support the Residential Accounting Department at La-Z-Boy’s World HQ in Monroe, MI. Responsibilities could include journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, special project assistance, implementation of new Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) accounting guidance, and minor forecasting responsibilities.
Our goal is to provide the intern with a practical, hands-on experience in one or more Accounting disciplines and build solid competencies within the Accounting field!
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Bachelor’s degree program focused on Accounting or Finance with 2-3 years complete
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a team based environment as well as individually
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) a must
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical for success in this position
- Unique opportunity to regularly interact with the senior leadership team and all levels of the corporate organization
- Intern will present back to leaders and other interns at the end of the season on accomplishments and give feedback on the internship experience!
About La-Z-Boy Inc.
La-Z-Boy Incorporated is one of the world's leading residential furniture producers, marketing furniture for every room of the home. Our state-of-the-art world headquarters, located in Monroe, MI, is just a short drive from the Ann Arbor, Metro Detroit and Toledo areas. La-Z-Boy’s network of 300+ retail stores span across the U.S. and Canada, and our vast distribution network allows our product to reach consumers and retailers across the globe. .
Further, we understand that being a great employer also means being a good corporate citizen. As such, La-Z-Boy and the La-Z-Boy Foundation contributed almost $3 million in financial and product donations to non-profit organizations this past year. For the past nine years, our signature partnership has been with the Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®).
Visit La-Z-Boy.com and see why, every day, over 8,800 passionate, valued team members around the world are Building Something Amazing!!
Attention To Detail
Financial Accounting Standards Board (Fasb) Certified
Hardworking And Dedicated