UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealthcare’s Quality Solutions Delivery (QSD) is an integrated team serving all UnitedHealthcare businesses, focused on delivering operational efficiencies for centralized activities. Our Quality Reporting Operations group is vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in this role relies on many factors - your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
QSD combines talented individuals from many areas of quality. Our goal is extraordinary performance that exceeds the expectations of the constituents, customers and members we serve. As a Reporting Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing, reviewing and reporting data related to HEDIS® measure rate reporting. You’ll be expected to interpret and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources and use it to tell a meaningful story. This position will conduct analysis and comparison of HEDIS® reporting data, as well as troubleshooting data anomalies sourced from multiple platforms. This position will be expected to command an understanding of data processing software applications and warehouse storage environments. All work supports Commercial, Medicare & Medicaid quality improvement programs. This position reports to the Manager, QSD Quality Reporting Operations
The position is able to telecommute; however, work hours are either Eastern or Central time zones.
- Analyze, review and trend complex data
- Present analysis and recommendations for operational and business review/planning
- Support short- and long-term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
- Develop, recommend and implement action-oriented reporting and business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Identify market segments to pursue, based on market analyses and applicable business criteria (e.g., business strategies)
- Perform/leverage research to help establish current and emerging customer/market needs and trends (e.g., competitor technology analysis)
- Gather/analyze/validate applicable data from internal and external sources (e.g., clients, prospects, potential customers) to identify customer/market characteristics, needs, and problems (e.g., market opportunities, financials, technology trends, user preferencesindustry/regulatory/legal standards, internal product trends)
- Define the core competencies/capabilities that distinguish us our quality metrics in the marketplace (e.g., key differentiators)
- Document/communicate market characteristics and needs to applicable stakeholders (e.g., product management)
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Motivates and inspires other team members
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Develop & produce ad-hoc reports
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in analysis and reporting
- 2+ years of HEDIS or CMS stars experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Transact SQL
- Experience creating reports
- Experience interpreting and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Experience managing and prioritizing deliverables
- Healthcare claims experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Tableau, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS or equivalent)
- Exposure to Big Data environments
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Advanced level of proficiency in Transact SQL
- Excellent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work without a lot of direction
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 10 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Quality, HEDIS, Quality Improvement, Quality Field Operations, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home