Sims Limited (Sims) is a global leader in metal and electronics recycling, and an emerging leader in the municipal recycling and renewable energy industries. With facilities across the globe, Sims plays an intrinsic role in the circular economy by making resources available for future use. As a responsible corporate citizen, we continuously seek new ways to broaden our participation in the environmental sector, ensuring that our future is as bright, safe, and secure as at any time in our long history.
Sims is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of all of our employees, and we are committed to creating a working environment that is built on a foundation of respect and inclusion where everyone can contribute, advance on merit, and realize their full potential.
Works with new or existing low to medium volume customers/vendors within a small to medium territory or within a dual market segments to source material in line with budgeted buy price.
* Procure and price ferrous and/or non-ferrous materials within guidelines for new and existing low to medium volume accounts, as determined by the Commercial Manager or Director, and within regulatory requirements
* Generate new leads via internet and other research, review advertised tenders, attend industry events and respond to other ad hoc enquiries and update in relevant database.
* Maintain business relationships with existing low to medium volume accounts via regular contact in order to meet service requirements and expectations on an ongoing basis.
* Review and accurately identify ferrous and non-ferrous material and provide pricing in line with company pricing requirements.
* Ensure that purchased materials conform to specifications
* Investigate and resolve vendor complaints, ensuring complaints are recorded, and follow-up actions are verified, in accordance with the Business Management system.
* Complete and submit monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner and participate in meetings to discuss and review results as required.
* Demonstrate personal responsibility for all Safety, Health, Environment, Community, and Sustainability (SHECS) policies, procedures, and initiatives
* Support diversity and inclusion, positive employee relations, and teamwork
* Support measures designed to effectively manage costs and adherence to budgetary requirements
* Support continuous improvement initiatives and quality requirements
* Comply with all Company policies, procedures, and initiatives relevant to the job
* Support training and performance-management initiatives
* Associate degree, advanced diploma or level 4 award, certificate or diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Knowledge of the any applicable regulations governing the buying or selling process;
* Knowledge and understanding of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal as well as processing & logistics techniques;
* Proven customer service skills
* Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
* Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with customers
* Negotiation skills and the ability to close the deal
* Numerical skills including the ability to work to budget within required deadlines and report on outcomes;
* Attention to detail;
* Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously with limited direction;
* Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite;
* Excellent time management and planning skills and ability to prioritise tasks;
With a promote-from-within philosophy and a variety of programs available to support continuous learning, Sims offers the opportunity for a rewarding career. We are committed to the ecologically sound and sustainable use of resources and strive to operate in a manner that minimizes waste and protects the environment.
A career with Sims provides you with the opportunity to work with an organization whose goal is to be the world's safest and most responsible recycling company. Our people achieve this by creating a zero-harm workplace, being exemplary members of the communities in which we operate, and being responsible stewards of the environment. We also offer competitive pay and a range of attractive benefits.
Find Out More…
Please visit?www.simsltd.com?for more information on Sims and its commitment to sustainability.
SIMS LIMITED IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE VALUE THE DIVERSITY OF ALL OF OUR EMPLOYEES AND ARE COMMITTED TO CREATING AN INCLUSIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT WHERE EVERYONE CAN CONTRIBUTE, ADVANCE ON MERIT, AND REALIZE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. SIMS LIMITED IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.?THE COMPANY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE WITH REGARD TO RACE, SEX, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, MARITAL OR FAMILIAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, VETERAN STATUS, HOUSING STATUS, SOURCE OF INCOME, OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS. THIS APPLIES TO ANY EMPLOYMENT DECISION, INCLUDING RECRUITING, HIRING, PLACEMENT, PROMOTION, TERMINATION, LAYOFF, RECALL, TRANSFER, LEAVES OF ABSENCE, COMPENSATION, AND TRAINING.? QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY IN NEED OF A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION MAY REQUEST SUCH WITHOUT FEAR OF REPRISAL OR DISCRIMINATION.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Financial Management