"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what’s right for the resident. For me, that’s a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader
Develop, implement, and measure marketing communications initiatives to drive
brand awareness via owned and earned external channels in order to positively
impact Sunrise’s reputation and increase lead generatio
As a part of the Sunrise team, supporting our Mission, Principles of Service and Core Values is a
fundamental part of this job. Our foundational belief is the sacred value of human life. Every
year, team members are assigned required training that applies to their role to ensure that these
standards are always met. The unique responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to
the essential functions listed below:
• Craft and manage an external editorial calendar for earned media, public relations efforts, social
media channels, blog content, holidays/observances, and Sunrise initiatives.
• Contribute to the development of Marketing & Communications team’s public relations, online
presence, and marketing communications channels by drafting content and cultivating story
• Manage Sunrise’s external owned communications channels, including the Sunrise Blog and all
social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).
• Own and develop content to drive brand awareness on all of Sunrise’s social media channels.
o Continuously gather and proactively mine for compelling, shareable content by maintaining a
relationship with regional/community team members, repurposing and updating evergreen
content, and analyzing content submissions, using both MS Flow and email
o Create and publish all posts, with a goal of at least one post per day
o Analyze and record the performance analytics of different types of content, including but not
limited to blog articles, team member appreciation, resident engagement stories, and
o Present monthly performance analytics and trends to greater Marketing & Communications
team and provide strategic recommendations for future content
• Manage all content on the Sunrise Blog.
o Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team to drive the development of content based on SEO
o Develop blog strategy based on online performance metrics as well as overall brand content
o Review and edit all content
o Draft original articles in support of team objectives
o Post all approved articles and share on social media channels, utilizing creative strategies to
increase blog post-performance
• Create and edit copy for materials including external and internal announcements, newsletters,
blog articles and marketing promotions.
• Generate positive press for Sunrise, working with the media on both proactive and reactive
opportunities including coordinating inquiries, community (field) outreach, and news
o Assist with proactive media opportunities including identifying stories/angles
o Assist in creating local media pitches to drive brand awareness
• Contribute to a wide range of marketing and communications tasks, such as managing email
boxes daily, website updates, and handling community-specific requests. May provide direction
and mentoring to various community groups regarding recommendations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed throughout this job description are representative of the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
• 1-2 years of experience or training in marketing and communications preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, work independently as well as part of a team and build collaborative
relationships with analytical thinking skills.
• Previous exposure to content marketing principles and media relations with a genuine interest
in employee and corporate communications.
• Detailed proofreader and above average writer with ability to identify and seek needed
information and research as needed to complete a task.
• Willingness to complete projects with dedication to quality, creativity, and innovative thinking
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise.
At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
Sunrise Senior Living was again named as one of the Best Workplaces in Aging Services™ by Fortune and certified as a Great Place to Work® by Activated Insights. This is the 5th time Sunrise has received this top culture and workplace designation, highlighting the special place Sunrise is to be a part of.
Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®
- Business Communication
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Content Marketing