We are not a traditional company, looking for a traditional engineer. We are a company that says no to the status quo and yes to \u0022let's do what it takes to make this happen\u0022. We hire smart, innovative thinkers that are looking to make a difference within the company and the community. If you are looking for a job that allows you to:
- Be autonomous while working with a team of people that work just as hard as you do
- Get out and meet the customer - it's the best way to know what they are looking for. And many of those customers are Fortune 100 companies.
- See products that you design go from the drawing board to the market. It's your idea - watch it grow!
- Make a difference. We are the industry leader in cargo control and what we do makes a difference. What you do will make a difference too.
If this sounds like the type of company that you'd like to be a part of, we invite you to take a closer look and then send us your resume. We can't wait to meet you!
ANCRA CARGO is the industry leader in Load Securement Innovation. Our focus is on distributing cargo restraint systems as well as product innovation and light assembly for the heavy-duty trucking industry. We strive to be a community of people that respect each other, create products that surpass our customer’s expectations and take seriously our commitment to safety, both here and when our products hit the road.
Position Summary: Ancra International, the leading manufacturer and supplier or Cargo Control Products in North America is currently looking to hire an experienced Product Engineer in our Erlanger, KY corporate headquarters. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, and working closely with the Senior New Product Development Engineer, this position is responsible for researching and developing ideas and processes for new products for the Ancra Cargo Control business. The Product Engineer improves upon the performance and design of existing products and oversees production and packaging of final product. This position requires an energetic and flexible individual who is detail oriented and a strong communicator to champion new products through the organization.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
- Design, develop and prototype new products in accordance with company Product Development Process (PDP) requirements through engineering testing and analysis, consistent with customer expectation
- Evaluate, document, and implement potential design and process changes to improve existing product performance, manufacturability, safety or cost
- Develop timelines and cost estimates for development tasks and appraise management of performance against plan
- Strong knowledge of good manufacturing practices, quality system requirements, and internal procedures
- Identify, develop and implement pre-production assembly methods and equipment; Coordinate with OEM vendor activities relative to communication of specifications, development schedules, and system compatibility
- Create production drawings with bills of material and specifications as needed and provide the Ancra quality team with detailed inspection points for quality assurance
- Transfer of designs to manufacturing through liaison with manufacturing engineering and external suppliers
- Oversee product testing and analysis to determine product safety and efficacy
- Writing of warning statements, instructions & technical bulletins
- Support sales and marketing functions through attendance at trade shows and customer visits
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in a related field (automotive, aerospace, heavy duty trucking or consumer products manufacturing preferred)
- Electromechanical experience a plus
Critical Skills and Competencies:
- Mechanical design experience
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes including machining, stamping, forming and plastics molding
- 3D CAD required. Solidworks preferred. AutoCAD/Draftsight 2D experience a plus
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Analytical/Problem Solving
- Project/Time Management
- Written Communication
- Creative and Innovative
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment