H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
H.B. Fuller Construction Adhesives provides technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial, and residential construction industry. The company's recognized and trusted brands are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
The Sr. Capital Project Engineer has primary responsibility for managing the timely execution within budget high visibility complex capital projects for Construction Adhesive facilities to meet CA's growth objectives.
Position: Sr. Capital Project Engineer (Construction Adhesives)
Location: Virtual USA
* Prepare preliminary costs estimates, project proposals, and capital expenditure requests
* Develop and prepare written specifications and bid packages in accordance with corporate design standards and best practices
* Prepare and manage projects utilizing the Corporate Capex system through FEL, Stage Gate, and MoC process from initiation to completion
* Review and approve engineering drawings
* Develop projects schedules; manage budget and timelines of approved projects to assure on time completion and within budget
* Communicate effectively by written reports and informal contacts to ensure all appropriate personnel are aware of project status
* Coordinate the execution of capital projects with other operations functions to minimize downtime
* Investigate options in equipment selection
* Visit equipment vendors to access performance capability
* Responsible for all procurement and construction of new manufacturing systems, from design through process commissioning "cradle to grave"
* Screen and hire contractors (general, mechanical, electrical, etc.). Monitor, inspect, and coordinate the project work of contractors and maintenance staff on-site
* Process and project engineering skills/experience - capital project management, productivity improvement, cost reduction, product consistency, etc.
* Considers the use of innovative new process technology
* Direct both internal support personnel and contractors as needed to complete projects
* Oversee training of processes by plant personnel to assure flawless implementation of new equipment
* Assure new equipment meets all required / applicable environmental regulations and safety features to properly support facility safety requirements / programs
* Interact with other cross-functional departments to provide the highest level of teamwork and cooperation between groups
* Miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business
* Successful Project Management experience of having oversight of multiple projects simultaneously valued at $250k+
* Process experience in a Chemical facility
* Experience as a project or program lead with a good cross-functional background in operations, engineering, sourcing, materials, etc.
* Financial acumen and an understanding of IRR and NPV calculations
* 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing capacity with a proven track record of functional success is necessary to handle the complexities of this job.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including project management with Gantt charts, AutoCAD, Visio, Prism, etc.
* PMP certification or demonstrated capital project management experience for projects exceeding $250k
* Knowledge of the adhesive industry (manufacturing processes, equipment, substrates, and chemistry)
* Process experience in a liquid batch process manufacturing facility
* Heat transfer and mass transfer operations knowledge
* Demonstrated experience with Process Improvement in Lean, Six Sigma, RCCA, SWOT-Exercises, material flow, Theory of Constraint, etc.
* Experience supporting/executing PHAs, JHAs and FMEAs
* Experience with PSM and/or Functional Safety Design
* Plant Safety: The individual must have experience and knowledge of machine guarding, confined space entry, and lockout/tag out
* Experience with customer interaction
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
- Auto Cad
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Commercial Awareness