ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The General Chemistry Analyst will perform General Chemistry techniques in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures.
- Perform wet chemistry analytical procedures to quantify compounds in drinking waters, wastewaters and solid materials.
- Operation of analytical instrumentation involving spectrophotometry, chromatography, and titrimetric applications.
- Perform all quality control requirements associated with analytical methods and maintain appropriate records.
- Prioritize work by creating schedules to complete daily assignments
- Interpret and author SOPs, perform reagent formulation, record bench level observations, and record keeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work schedules and be self-directed in completing daily assignments as well as mid-range and long term department objectives related to training and quality assurance.
- Previous positions required being multi-tasked, organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent problem solving capabilities; must have good time management skills.
- Have a demonstrated ability to communicate well in English, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Desire to work in a laboratory science setting.
- Proven ability to learn new concepts and procedures quickly.
- High school graduate plus college courses of a scientific nature.
- Additional education or 1-3 years’ experience working in a laboratory setting preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in related scientific field such as Chemistry or Biology preferred.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the FMLA Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
Laboratory Information Management Systems
High Performance Liquid Chromatography