Acadia Healthcare is looking for an experienced Director of Admissions at our Vermilion Behavioral Health facility in Lafayette, LA.
We are improving the lives we touch. We need passionate, talented people working together who share our desire to create a world-class organization that sets the standard of excellence in the treatment of speciality behavioral health and addiction disorders. Acadia Healthcare is headquartered in Franklin, TN and is a leading provider of behavioral healthcare services in the nation. Our organization values input from employees and fosters collaboration to create a team oriented service delivery system.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Opportunity for growth that is second to none in the industry
Your Job as a Director of Admissions:
Direct the facility admissions activities by driving the admissions process, developing, implementing and maintaining revenue-generating strategies.
Your Responsibilities as a Director of Admissions:
- Provide leadership to the Admissions Department and cultivate the function of the department as an integrated team.
- Implement the strategic plan of the business development and marketing department as it pertains to admission to the facility and direct potential clients to treatment.
- Provide leadership in addressing quality management issues related to crisis triage, evaluation, intake and admission to the facility.
- Assign/distribute scheduled evaluations, intakes or admissions as dictated by request and hospital census.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality improvement programs for all crisis triage, evaluation, intake and admission services.
- Perform follow-up communication functions and generate recommendations for organization leadership.
- Develop and implement program policies and procedures that guide the provision of services.
- Responsible for the hiring decisions for Admissions Department personnel, provide orientation, in-service and continuing education programs for department staff and other internal positions responsible for crisis triage and/or evaluation services.
- Serve as clinical liaison with referral sources.
- Work to improve efficiency and quality in delivering services within the department, responsible for developing and meeting departmental goals and objectives.
- Ensure that department is up to date on and compliant with new laws and regulations.
- Recruit, train and supervise staff.
- Manage the finances of the department, prepare and monitor budgets and spending to ensure department operates within allocated funds.
- Determine and implement admissions best-practices, promote the hospital and maintain a satisfied patient base.
- Bachelor's Degree, counselor certification, or nursing license required; Six plus years' experience healthcare related admissions with Bachelors.
- Master's Degree in Human Services Field preferred with three plus years' experience healthcare related admissions, CAC or CADC with a minimum of five years in the substance abuse treatment field.
- Three years of work experience as a Director of Admissions in a substance abuse treatment facility preferred.
- May require LCSW, LMHC by the state for this position or CAC/CADC, where required.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility.
- Quality Management
- Substance Abuse
- Quality Assurance