Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Operations Analyst to join our team. This role resides within the Accounting department of OptumRx, the pharmacy benefit management division of UnitedHealth Group and supports the rebate disbursements function. (Rebates from the pharmaceutical industry comprise a substantial portion of the segment's multi-billion dollar annual revenue.) This role will require contract interpretation, analysis and understanding of large sets of data, and managing multiple client portfolios from set up, maintenance and payment initiation through termination. It will require high attention to detail, problem solving skills, and an innovative mind-set to research, analyze, and articulate findings and propose solutions. Though no direct staff oversight is involved, being able to work collaboratively within a matrix environment to achieve the various initiatives of the finance community will be critical.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understand and interpret contract terms including exclusions
- Analyze and understand large data sets; summarize and present findings in executive leadership level format
- Audit client set up and assist in setting up clients with custom formularies for rebates
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation for stakeholders
- Manage client portfolio from set up, maintenance and payment initiation through termination
- Extract, consolidate, and map data obtained from various systems and sources
- Prepare account fluctuation analysis and provide business drivers to Management
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation; able to understand and read data trends
- Communicate efficiently in client facing environments and approach role with a customer service focus; has a level of self-confidence as to understand the definitions of the role and enforce the boundaries of our scope of work
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks, works wells in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with other departments and divisions, including Forecasting, Pricing, Industry Relations, Client Management, and Regulatory Reporting
- Develop innovative approaches for improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's with concentration in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field or related work experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- 1+ years of Accounting, Finance, transaction analysis or related experience
- Financial analysis experience
- Pharmaceutical, healthcare, or insurance experience
- Experience working with databases to load data, run queries, and perform reporting
- Customer service experience
- Experience working with large sets of data
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.