Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are developed to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) Architecture develops consistent architecture strategy and delivers safe, secure and consistent architecture solutions for all EFT supported business domains. EFT Architecture reduces technology risk by aligning EFT architecture solutions to architecture roadmap, enterprise principles, policies and standards.
The Senior Architect for Risk Management Architecture is a key position reporting into the Principal Architect for Risk and Finance Architecture. This position is responsible for setting key strategic architecture direction for enterprise platforms within the EFT Risk Management portfolio. This position will initially be responsible for producing architectures for major deliverables in support of Credit Risk and other forms of Financial Risk Management working closely with the line of business partners, enterprise data teams, CTOs and application managers.
Position Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
- Working with the LOB business leaders, application managers, Enterprise Architecture, Information Security, Infrastructure Architects, and project teams on solutions architectures that help transform and modernize core functions of the Company.
- Assist in the creation of innovative architecture strategies for key technology initiatives across the enterprise Risk Management domain.
- Work with big data, cloud, AI/machine-learning, analytics and other forward-looking technologies.
- Responsible for designing advanced solutions that help drive business results.
- Provide architecture leadership to project teams and technology product owners.
- Participate in the definition of future technology architecture and strategy.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and capabilities in order to prepare and respond to customer needs and expectations.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: systems, applications, or architecture planning
- 3+ years of experience using an industry standard database modeling language
- 7+ years of financial industry experience
- 7+ years of experience in application & data architecture and solution design
- 7+ years of technology delivery and relationship management experience with small and large business units in a large corporate environment
- 7+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 5+ years of experience working on risk applications
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: systems, applications, or architecture planning
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- 3+ years of experience with credit risk technology systems
- 3+ years of Big Data experience
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- 3+ years of experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Agile experience
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NYDisclaimer
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Benefits Summary
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Risk Technology Sr Architect for benefits information.