Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
JOB SUMMARY Evaluates dermatologic specimens and renders a diagnosis.
- SUPERVISED BY Laboratory Director/Managing Director
- SUPERVISES Grossing/Technical Staff
- WORKS CLOSELY WITH All managers, associates and physicians at the practice, corporate services and referring physicians.
- Required: Medical degree, residency training in Dermatology and/or Pathology and fellowship in Dermatopathology
- Desired: Residency in Dermatology
- Required: Extensive training and experience in Dermatopathology
- Desired: 3-5 years previous experience as a dermatopathologist
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
- Required: NY State licensure and board certification in Dermatology and/or pathology and dermatopathology board eligible.
- Desired: Board certification in dermatopathology
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
- Proficient with a microscope
- Protective equipment for handling laboratory specimens
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Comprehension of CLIA regulations regarding, proficiency testing, quality assurance and quality control.
- Laboratory setting. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards.
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires full range of body motion including manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Frequent sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifts and carries items up to 25 pounds.
- Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.
KEY PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews slides
- Provides advice to referring physicians regarding the clinical significance of laboratory findings
- Participates in the development and monitoring of standards of performance in Quality Control and Quality Assurance and Improvement for the laboratory.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and the Company.
- Confers with referring physicians
- Participates in teaching programs
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as department rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
- Adherence to Safety Regulations.
- Adherence to HIPAA Regulations.
HIPAA JOB DESCRIPTION REQUIREMENT:
- High security access
- All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of education, knowledge, skills and/or experience necessary to proficiently perform the job. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (Hipaa) Compliance
Occupational Safety And Health