, a dynamic global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Systems Engineer
at our State of the Art North American Automotive Center in Troy, MI.
Schaeffler Group is synonymous with creative technology. We are known for developing and manufacturing precision products for everything that moves. We provide our customers with individual solutions to help them move the world. At Schaeffler, we want to help people grow within the company and provide a culture that fosters innovation. The Systems Engineer will support the development of Chassis Actuation and Mechatronic Systems and their integration into customer applications. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Define functional requirements by interpreting customer specifications
- Analyze existing functions and develop new functions using Matlab/Simulink
- Maintain and further develop toolbox that allows for prediction of system performance
- Plan and Execute Model-in-the-Loop testing/simulation to verify performance
- Use dSpace MicroAutoBox for rapid proto and evaluation of new functions
- Lead system integration of suspension and steering systems with customer
Qualified Candidates will have:
Additional competencies that are desired:
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with Controls Focus
- 2 years of experience in the control systems development
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering with Controls Focus
- Automotive control system development experience; preferably in Chassis systems like steering, suspension or braking
- Experience performing engineering calculations using Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with Model-Based Design, Model-in-the-Loop Testing, and dSPACE MicroAutoBox
- Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (CAN and CAN FD)
- Knowledge of mechatronic actuators including electronic hardware
Schaeffler is an equal opportunity employer/minorities/female/disabled veterans
Use Programming Language
Agile Software Development
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 13519
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The Schaeffler Group is a global automotive and industrial supplier. Top quality, outstanding technology, and exceptionally innovative spirit form the basis for the continued success of the company. By delivering high-precision components and systems in engine, transmission, and chassis applications, as well as rolling and plain bearing solutions for a large number of industrial applications, the Schaeffler Group is already shaping “Mobility for tomorrow” to a significant degree. The technology company generated sales of approximately EUR 14 billion in 2017. With more than 92,000 employees, Schaeffler is one of the world’s largest family companies and, with approximately 170 locations in over 50 countries, has a worldwide network of manufacturing locations, research and development facilities, and sales companies.
View the full profile