Project Leader 2
LOCATION: Avon / Ohio (US-OH), United States | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 1923 | JOB GRADE: 16
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Project management professional responsible for leading the implementation of business-wide category sourcing strategies, achieved through project management of sourcing process, cost reduction and productivity pipeline projects, supplier sourcing changes and other critical projects, all driving productivity.
- Support, plan and coordinate effective and successful global category sourcing strategies.
- Assist in driving Productivity Pipeline management for assigned business unit across all categories through close collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Report productivity progress to Product Business Teams (PBTs) as part of management system.
- Assist in coordinating New Product Development projects (Product Development & Commercialization – PDC) across purchasing, delivering products to market in from sound decisions in line with category sourcing strategies.
- Participate and engage supplier hosts at the Escalation meetings and Drive de-escalation of critical supplier issues due to force majeure, capacity constraints and financial distress through project management.
- Build and continuously improve shop floor management process across Global Purchasing and update the PowerCenter.
- Participate in supplier transition project teams and coordinate engineering tests, quality reviews, and manufacturing requirements.
- Assist in cross-functional supplier Design and Manufacturing Reviews to ensure all projects adhere to APQP deliverables.
- Participate in implementation and effective change overs with manufacturing facilities including inventory bank builds, tooling transfers, and supplier PPAPs.
- Knowledge of TS16949, APQP and PPAP processes
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Ability to review engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of Team Center tools preferred.
- 5 years of experience in supply chain, purchasing, engineering or manufacturing project management. Automotive or transportation environment preferred.
- Hands-on experience with managing key suppliers, product launches, and pre-production-approval process (PPAP).
- Demonstrated project management skills that include utilizing an organized approach, setting priorities, identifying risks and opportunities, managing resources, milestones, and costs in a matrix/cross-functional organization.
- Ability to lead effective design and manufacturing reviews, driving technical dialogue with the engineering, manufacturing and quality functions.
- Drive engineering teams in productivity pipeline idea generation through workshops and other means.
- Demonstrated ability to influence peers and management while leading cross-functional teams.
- Build strong working relationships, gaining trust and setting example of success.
- Self-starter, possessing high degree of self-motivation and bias for action.
- Advanced organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment.
- Shown the ability to mentor and coach other Project Leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business or Engineering degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other equivalent certification a plus.
- Green Belt certification or Lean Manufacturing a plus.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
- Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Automotive Industry
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Coaching And Mentoring