To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20190
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Herndon, VA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce's client in Reston, Virginia (VA) is seeking a Senior Accountant. This role will report into the Controller and support corporate accounting by maintaining daily, monthly, and annual accounting activities. The Senior Accountant supports full-cycle accounting and finance duties primarily Payroll, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger, as well as additional support elements. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process semi-monthly payroll including timesheet reviews and transfer of payroll data to payroll provider
- Follow processes and system workflows to confirm that all timekeeping and payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Review, reconcile, and prepare payroll related transactions and journal entries
- Ensure company is current on all employee federal, state and local tax regulations, and compliance related reporting
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Preparation and submission of customer invoices on T/M, FFP and CPFF contracts
- Manage fixed asset subsidiary ledger
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and corporate credit cards
- Preparation of journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Set-up and maintain subcontractors in timekeeping system
- Maintain 1099 vendor list and ensure timely and proper filing of 1099 forms
- Maintain company's expense module to ensure travel reports are in accordance to Federal Travel Regulations
- Oversight of Accounts Payable and Travel & Expense transactions
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices for government contractors
- Make recommendations to improve processes, create efficiencies and standardize business practices
- Document and implement approved recommendations, striving for increased efficiency and cost reduction
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance with an emphasis in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years directly related accounting experience; at least 4 years in a government contracting environment (not as a federal employee)
- Senior-Level knowledge of all accounting functions, including Payroll, A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets, General Ledger-accruals, prepaids, and amortization, Project Accounting-set-up, billing and revenue and State tax requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting practices including US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government contract accounting experience with an understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and FAR/DFAR
- Strong problem-solving and organization skills coupled with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- This position requires the ability to maintain an excellent level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to interact across all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Proficient with desktop computing platforms and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of Unanet Financials and Project Portfolio software a plus