This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
The Transportation Manager is a key part of Pactiv’s Supply Chain organization. In this role you will manage a team of Transportation Planners, who are responsible for the planning and execution of shipping locations in our network. This will require an individual who is a self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a “business owner” mentality. Pactiv is currently building a Center of Excellence for Transportation, while adopting best in class technology. Come lead a dynamic team and set the bar for excellence! Do you have what it takes?
- Lead a team of 5 to 10 Transportation Load Planners, who are responsible for planning, tendering, execution and track/trace activities
- Be accountable for service, planning and financial KPI’s in your area of responsibility
- Serve as the point person for all transportation operations activities in your area of responsibility
- Build and maintain carrier relationships to support the business
- Hold carriers accountable for cost, service and capacity commitments
- Be knowledgeable of all load planning activities and provide back-up if necessary
- Work directly with regional operations liaison(s) on any programs to support the business
- Partner and collaborate with other functional areas in the organization as needed (Customer Service, Operations, Inventory Control, etc…)
- Work directly with other functional areas in the Transportation group (Procurement, Services, Optimization)
- Be part of a fun and dynamic team that likes to win!
- BA/BS in Logistics or Business or 5+ years of logistics/customer service experience preferred
- At least 3 years of experience managing people
- Knowledge of the transportation industry
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work comfortably and lead in a collaborative team environment
- A “can do” attitude and lead by example managerial style
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience with Transportation Management System applications (JDA preferred)
- Experience with transportation visibility software (FourKites preferred)
- Previous experience with Tableau
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transportation Planning Manager.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
#CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1