General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for an Office 365 Specialist with hands-on experience and technical knowledge of Office 365 to operate implement administer, and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Servers, applications and services both on-premises and within Office 365, in support of a US Government customer in San Diego, CA. This includes, but is not limited to performing routine audits of the system and applying updates, patches, and configuration changes as required. The candidate shall also identify and resolve performance or security issues through the analysis of computer logs, scan results, and other tools provided by the government. The candidates shall help resolve issues with Office 365, Exchange Online, and Microsoft Teams, to include running eDiscovery searches to perform classified spillage clean-up. In doing so, they will use multiple tools provided by the government, including the Office 365 Connection Evaluation (OCE) tool Microsoft has provided to check client configuration and connectivity to Office 365.
Specific duties include:
- Administration of Office 365, Intune, and other ancillary components.
- Administration, implementation, and maintenance leveraging technologies, tools and infrastructure such as Windows Server, PowerShell, O365 connectivity tools/scripts, Azure AD, Azure AD Connect, Exchange and Exchange Online, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) farms, and Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) .
- Harden infrastructure resources in compliance with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
- Develop and present process documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and white papers describing the logical process flow and justification for design and administration decisions.
- Interact with customers and participate in technical reviews, including but not limited to peer reviews and Change Configuration Boards (CCBs).
- Engineer and deploy servers and infrastructure that support new or existing core services capabilities
- Develop server configuration scripts, installation guides, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Administer, deploy and maintain servers and infrastructure required to support on-premises Active Directory and Domain services and functions
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Certifications IAT II
One of the following:
- Security+ CE
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
and one of the following:
- MCITP (Enterprise Administrator)- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP (Server Administrator) - Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- 5+ years of Windows Server administration
- 3+ years of Office 365 & Intune experience
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge of SQL Server and IIS
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Security Certified Network Professional
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (Mcsa)
Giac Security Essentials Certification
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Microsoft Certified It Professional