To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Supervisor 2nd Shift
OSI Group • Chicago, IL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supervise employees engaged in maintenance activities to ensure that production machinery, material handling, building systems and building integrity are in efficient operating order.
- Working through direct reports, ensure that plant equipment is maintained in optimum operating condition to avoid, or minimize, production down-time. Respond urgently to equipment related production issues by assigning repair work as soon as issues are identified.
- Develop, maintain and administer all aspects of the critical spare parts, recycling, and other equipment based programs as assigned.
- Ensure timely completion of work orders; repairs, and preventative maintenance through MP2 and documentation of all maintenance activities.
- Approve all parts orders within approved purchasing limits as established by organization policy.
- Provide maintenance employees with the proper equipment and parts to perform their function efficiently.
- Work with other departments and individuals to effectively coordinate equipment and building maintenance activities.
- Ensure that the Maintenance Shop is kept orderly and clean.
- Responsible for providing after-hours maintenance resources by calling in appropriate maintenance staff; responds personally in critical or complicated situations.
- Hire qualified maintenance mechanics to maintain a broad range of expertise within the maintenance department.
- Provide necessary guidance, technical support, and training to ensure that all employees work safely and comply with food safety programs.
- Schedule and assign personnel accordingly to ensure coverage for a seven day a week maintenance department; review, edit and approve employee time cards each week.
- Evaluate performance of individuals, take disciplinary action, provide coaching and feedback, and recommend dismissal when necessary.
- Assume certain duties of other management in times of absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent knowledge and skills acquired through on the job training or experience.
- Five years of experience working or supervising in the vocation trades including, but not necessarily limited to, HVAC, Electrical/Electronics and Mechanical.
- Two to three years experience supervising or acting in a lead capacity in a production or production maintenance environment.
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.