To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fontana, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Custom Truck One Source • Fontana, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Provide oversight, functional and transactional support in the daily activities of the Service Department in order to ensure operational integrity. Act as departmental liaison on matters of production output and other matters with General Manager, Regional Vice President, Human Resources Manager, and departments as necessary or directed.
• Effectively communicate with General Manager to establish production goals on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis that ensures company production levels are met.
• Effectively communicate and work with team to ensure established production goals are met.
• Effectively communicate across department lines to ensure established production goals are met.
• Effectively communicate with Human Resource Manager about departmental issues, including compliance, risk, performance and other labor force related issues.
• Effectively work with various team members across organizational structure to establish stock parts inventory standards to ensure timely repair and production budget goals are met within company budget standards.
• Ensure team operates within best practices for safety, including but not limited to use of personal safety equipment at all appropriate times.
• Supplement required knowledge through reading and understanding operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings to provide subject matter expertise teams on diagnosing and repairing equipment.
• Effectively communicate as subject matter expert to train Team Leads and members on diagnosing and repairing equipment.
• Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects then establish needed repairs, repair cost budgets and anticipated timelines to ensure effective production processes.
• Test mechanical components and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with company quality/safety specifications.
• Ensure the repair and replacement of damaged or worn parts on equipment to company quality/safety specifications within the estimated budgets and timelines.
• Ensure parts order requests are accurate and necessary to reduce parts returns.
• Ensure parts orders are complete and timely submitted in order to reduce production delays.
• Ensure technician time logs are completed accurately and timely submitted to establish budgeting and financial data necessary for organizational accounting.
• Accurately examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
• Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
• Assist team members in the daily performance of duties as necessary to ensure production and budget goals are met.
• Ensure organizational standards and culture are maintained within scope of responsibilities.
• Exhibit operational and performance excellence as a positive role model at all times.
• Perform all duties in in accordance with best practices for a safe work environment.
The following are representative of the knowledge and skills requirements necessary for an applicant to be successful in the role of Service Manager.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant college area.
• 2 years proven experience in related leadership role.
• Experience in heavy equipment remanufacturing, repair or service.
• Extremely detail oriented and accurate.
• Proven ability to make sound judgments and decisions by considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Active Listener with the ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Critical thinker with proven ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Good manager of personnel and resources , including motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job, and holding others accountable.
• Time management skills with ability to ensure effective use of one's own time and the time of others.
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles.Production and Processing — Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the efficiency.
• Mechanical — Knowledge of terminology, machines, parts and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance of heavy duty equipment and diesel trucks along with a general mechanical aptitude.
• Computers – Knowledge and ability to utilize common software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) and ability to learn industry specific software
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others in order to meet tight deadlines.
• Detail Orientation – Ability to ensure complex production processes are accurately and thoroughly followed.
• Critical Thinking — Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
• Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
The following are representative of the mental and physical requirements necessary for an applicant perform the essential functions of this role:
• Attitude: This job requires "people" skills and a genuine desire to service the client. A positive attitude and willingness to maintain a professional demeanor with clients and team members is essential to this position.
• Attendance – The ability to work as scheduled with punctual attendance, Monday-Friday plus any additional hours/days necessary in order to meet business demands.
• The job may be performed under extreme temperature variations and some hazardous conditions.
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing on ladders and platforms of heights above 42”, significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling throughout an 8-12 hour day, 60 hours per week.
• Must be able to safely operate equipment at heights up to and exceeding 100 feet.
• Ability to operate up to a CDL Class B vehicle in accordance with applicable state/federal guidelines.
• Oral Expression and comprehension — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Written Comprehension and expression — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
• Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to tell when something is wrong and solve the problem or seek advice.
• Manual dexterity – The ability to type or operate common mechanical tools and equipment up to 12 hours per day, 60 hours per week.
• Lifting – The ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 50 lbs.