Join ARK Systems, Inc. today as a Fiber and Structured Cabling Technician for our Turnkey Installation Department!
ARK Systems has been providing superior service to our valued customers since 1973. We specialize in the systems integration of fire, security, sound, voice and data systems.
We are seeking an experienced, career-oriented individual. Responsibilities include cable pulling, installing supports, devicing (No Head-In), terminating CAT 5/6 Cables and fiber for electronic systems including fire, security, card access, data & communication, and door entry. This position will be mostly structured wiring, wiring closet dressing/installation, fiber testing and experience working with an OTDR, installation, termination, testing of infrastructure wiring and fiber, and audio and video cabling infrastructure.
This is a physical position that requires being able to lift 50-75lbs+, climbing ladders, and walking/standing all day. Typically a 1st shift position but can have 2nd shift hours with travel locally as needed.
Required Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Ability to obtain Maryland and Virginia security technician license. (Company paid)
- Must maintain good driving record and be insurable with ARK Systems.
- AA degree in electronics or equivalent technical school training AND 3-5 years of related industry experience.
- Able to utilize a laptop computer w/Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PC Anywhere, system application software, etc.
- Ability to test equipment, communications equipment, drills and other hand tools.
ARK offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical (PPO/HMO), dental, vision, life insurance, disability, flexible spending accounts, in addition to tuition reimbursement, credit union, vacation and sick leave plans, and a matching 401(k) Plan.
Maximize your potential with ARK!
ARK Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Category 5 Cabling
Optical Time Domain Reflectometer