To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clewiston, FL 33440
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Industrial Safety Technician
US Sugar • Clewiston, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Position Summary: This is a salaried-exempt position, reporting to the Safety Manager, working independently or in a team to plan, implement, and monitor safety programs in accordance with corporate, county, state, federal rules and regulations. The incumbent will adapt to a flexible, fast-paced and dynamic work environment, and use extensive knowledge of Company core values, OSHA Standards, and State and Local Regulations to coordinate with leadership and employees to address any immediate hazards and understand, react to, and work to prevent any potential hazardous exposures.
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions, safety classes, pre-shift meetings, and/or certifications related to the position.
- Maintain, and continuously participate in, industry education and training in order to keep abreast of new trends and developments within the industry and government regulation.
- Champion and continuously promote a high standard of safety management throughout the facility, and to internal and external customers. Will interact with OSHA and other regulatory agencies regarding citations, accidents, claims, site visits and audits.
- Conduct comprehensive compliance audits and inspections to identify unsafe work practices and food safety non-conformities, and recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee and product exposure to chemical, physical, and biological hazards.
- Systematically and accurately create, record, file and track all documentation concerning training, inspections, audits, complaints, accidents, injuries, materials, processes, equipment, permitting, and all other information pertinent to the corporate Safety program, and generate applicable regulatory reports and analyze trends.
- Develops, facilitates, and tracks industrial safety training programs for all employees and contractors in areas such as hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene and life safety. Routinely review employee and contractor safety programs to determine their adequacy, consistency and uniformity within the Safety Management Plan and as required by legislation or corporate policy.
- Working with management and employees, investigate safety complaints, industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine root causes and provide recommendations on preventive measures.
- Assist the Safety Manager on the Safety Committee and other associated meetings or events by coordinating meetings, maintaining minutes, publishing agendas, and providing status reports on outstanding initiatives.
- Will be required to participate in a rotating on-call work schedule, including occasional weekends and holidays.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in safety management, industrial hygiene, occupational therapy, environmental science, engineering, or a related discipline.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of applicable experience working with OSHA and EPA guidelines, and be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of environmental compliance.
- Candidates with CSP, CIH, CHMM, or Project Management certifications are preferred.
- Demonstrate physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in the classroom, to communicate via radio, to write and interpret policies and procedures, and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the job. Incumbents will be required to communicate with all levels of the organization with professionalism during difficult or adverse situations.
- New hires must pass a drug test and other pre-employment background screening, and successfully complete any required training or orientation course.
- Internal candidates must have good work record and disciplinary history, and positive results from Company-designated tests designed to measure basic skills, job skills, mechanical aptitude and/or other interests, skills and characteristics.
- This position is considered essential to the safety and operations of the factory, and in order to respond quickly to emergencies, new hires for this position must reside within 30 minutes of the factory within 30 days of hire.
80% of the work environment is conducted in an outdoor environment, exposed to heights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, and low lighting while wearing PPE (i.e.: hard hat, goggles, ear plugs, full-body suits, and respirators); regularly climbing stairs or ladders, kneeling, crawling, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching overhead, and walking on uneven ground containing slip and trip hazards.
20% of the work environment is conducted in enclosed/confined, or tight, spaces using lock-out/tag-out practices and artificial light, working around wet or dripping, moving machinery with sharp edges, reaching above the head while crouching, standing, or laying prone. Will be fitted for a respirator.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this position. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. This description supersedes and previous or undated descriptions for this position. Management has the right to add or change the duties for this position at any time.